REALLY BAD news for DCI XJ&9E

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ridgeback

Proposing to drop 24 [COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]markets[/COLOR][/COLOR], will apply for EAS in 9

Cities affected include:

Thief River Falls, MN TVF EAS subsidized 12.0% load factor
Greenville, MS GLH EAS subsidized 27.6% load factor
Devils Lake, ND DVL EAS subsidized 30.3% load factor
Watertown, SD ATY EAS subsidized 35.0% load factor
Muscle Shoals, MS MSL EAS subsidized 35.7% load factor
Fort Dodge, IA FOD EAS subsidized 39.1% load factor
Hibbing, MN HIB EAS subsidized 39.2% load factor
Alpena, MI APN EAS subsidized 39.5% load factor
Tupelo, MS TUP EAS subsidized 41.0% load factor
Jamestown, ND JMS EAS subsidized 42.1% load factor
Mason City, IA MCW EAS subsidized 45.9% load factor
Pierre, SD PIR Not EAS subsidized 47.4% load factor
Iron Mountain, MI IMT EAS Subsidized 48.7% load factor
[COLOR=red !important][COLOR=red !important]Sioux [COLOR=red !important]City[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR], IA SUX Not EAS subsidized 51.4% load factor
International Falls, MN INL EAS subsidized 52.5% load factor
Brainerd, MD BRD Not EAS subsidized 52.6% load factor
Hattiesburg, MS PIB EAS subsidized 53.7% load factor
Escanaba MI ESC EAS subsidized 55.2% load factor
Aberdeen, SD ABR Not EAS subsidized 55.6% load factor
Pellston MI PLN Not EAS subsidized 58.5% load factor
Bemidji, MN BJI Not EAS subsidized 59.3% load factor
Sault Ste Marie MI CIU EAS subsidized 60.0% load factor
Waterloo, IA ALO Not EAS subsidized 61.4% load factor
Butte, MT BTM Not EAS subsidized 65.3% load factor

Does anyone still believe that Delta is going to keep the Saabs?

Does anyone still believe that Delta is going to keep the Saabs?

I don't think we are keeping the Saabs, but I don't understand why we aren't. A lot of those cities are served by the 200 and they have over 50% load factor. That is almost 100% load factor on a much more efficient Saab. I guess they just want to market an all jet fleet. I hope it's worth it.

edit: maybe not a lot of them, but some of them like ABR and BJI are almost excusively jet service already.

edit 2: Also, how is this bad news? In order for it to be news, it has to be new information. I've known about this for over a year now. The only ones that might be news are the jet service cities.

Last edited:
edit 2: Also, how is this bad news? In order for it to be news, it has to be new information. I've known about this for over a year now. The only ones that might be news are the jet service cities.

Thanks I stand corrected...I guess the 350 pilots it takes to fly the Saab and the 100 or so on the Jets that won't be flying anymore make this Not bad news, I'm glad I did well on the SLI...thanks colgan and pinniacle pilots

Oh and by the way Pinnacle bankrupt filing to follow soon....Ever wonder why we got such a good contract? Review the history of United airlines in the 90's and their 350/hr rates

Thanks I stand corrected...I guess the 350 pilots it takes to fly the Saab and the 100 or so on the Jets that won't be flying anymore make this Not bad news, I'm glad I did well on the SLI...thanks colgan and pinniacle pilots

My point isn't that it is not BAD. I am saying it isn't news. We have known about this for a long time and have been prepared for it. The Saabs are almost gone already. Heck, there are only 3 in Memphis I think. As some posters have stated, some are actually looking forward to them going away because the schedules are so dang inefficient and they can hold a better jet position anyways.

Oh and by the way Pinnacle bankrupt filing to follow soon....Ever wonder why we got such a good contract? Review the history of United airlines in the 90's and their 350/hr rates

I don't dispute we may declare bankruptcy, but how in the hell does an airline buy another (with everything happening right now already scheduled) and then declare bankruptcy a year later? I know, I know...welcome to Pinnacle. Hopefully our 200 ASA doesn't open up if we go into bankruptcy. How rock solid is that now? Before SLI everyone seemed to think there is no way we would lose 200's before 2017. Now we lost one due to performance and hopefully we don't get gutted if we declare BK.

Do you know what you are even talking about? It may not be "good", but it certainly is at least average if not better.

Wow you guys really shot for the moon.

At least average is NOTHING to be proud of. Expressjet's concessionary contract is way better than your new one.

Way to raise the bar.

Latest resources

Back