Reality Check for NetJets Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Publishers said:
Well if they run out of resumes, I have three or four hundred I can let them borrow.
You have 400 resumes of guys who CAN do my job and WILL cross a picketline during a strike for 27K per year?

Hold on to them... you might be able to sell that list for a good profit...

don't

Don't put words in my mouth....... I said there are pile of pilots who would like to get on with Netjets.

Secondly, if you guys went on strike, I would say it would set this company back immeasurably. NJOwner and the various share owners would not meet this with much but distain and a move away from Netjets in droves. As I said, these people come to Netjets to have the problems of running your own aircraft go away and they will not suffer long with their services pulled.

Besides with the clever move to get everyone upgrade pay, it is not a $27k a year deal now is it? Vote on the thing and move on to the next step. The whinning in here is worse than from the jet engines on my ramp.

The bird cage needs changing!

Publishers said:
Well if they run out of resumes, I have three or four hundred I can let them borrow.

Make a great liner.

Publishers said:
Secondly, if you guys went on strike, I would say it would set this company back immeasurably. NJOwner and the various share owners would not meet this with much but distain and a move away from Netjets in droves. As I said, these people come to Netjets to have the problems of running your own aircraft go away and they will not suffer long with their services pulled.
And that will be a decision that Santulli will have to make. Will he decide it's better to have the owners leave in droves (as you put it) or will he decide to increase the pilot salaries. We'll never know unless we take it that far.

You also say it would take a nano-second for NJA to hire 1900 replacement pilots and have flight safety type them and pump them out to fly our owners and their families around the country. Even if they could do that in 6 months, I'd hate to be an owner during that "learning curve".

If the Owners own the aircraft, then what is tokeep them from taking it out of the NJA operations contract and moving it somewhere else? It is their airplane. Could they take them out and put them with another company if there is a strike?

Street Capt nothing new

In the summer of 2001, we had three of our DA-20 Captains go over to NJA and they made Captain the first day of ground school in airplanes they had never flown. So it is nothing new to hire street captains. We have just recieved background checks on some of our former Captains who are in the hiring process at NJA. Are they pooling talent for something?

Publishers said:
I have three or four hundred I could let them borrow.

Then why aren't they here already? Are they waiting for things to get worse?

Publishers said:
Besides with the clever move to get everyone upgrade pay, it is not a $27k a year deal now is it?

You're really in way over your head!

pilotyip said:
In the summer of 2001, we had three of our DA-20 Captains go over to NJA and they made Captain the first day of ground school in airplanes they had never flown. So it is nothing new to hire street captains. We have just recieved background checks on some of our former Captains who are in the hiring process at NJA. Are they pooling talent for something?
They actually made captain on their very first day of ground school? A bid came out on their first day, they bid it, it closed that very same day, they quickly finished up 2 weeks of ground school that morning, flew to Wichita, and received 2 weeks of training that afternoon?
Man, you guys have some talented folks over at your company.

I think your buddies were yanking your leg. They may have been awarded a bid while they were in company indoc but I bet it was at least 3 months (minimum) before they were released to fly as a captain, and that's best case.

Majik said:
but I bet it was at least 3 months (minimum) before they were released to fly as a captain, and that's best case.

Some of the street captains still haven't been released. That is, unless you included those that were released back to the street!

Latest resources

Back