Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
michael707767 said:
I'll answer. I am willing to walk.

That's the answer I've been getting from almost all of the DAL guys I talk to when I'm jumpseating to work. It seems as though everyone's had enough. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, but I wish you all the best. At least someone is standing up for themselves.

RJDC said:
Big talk for a freight dog. Oh but the UPS pilots are so powerful. Then why are contractors still flying your freight? LOL. Just wait till a LCC freight carrier comes along and you won't be talking so big now will you! And what about that big pay raise you thought you were going to get? I've heard that you are not going to be getting now.

Don't you realize that if DAL pilots take a big hit that there wil be a trickle down effect? Your posts and support of the RJDC indicate you're never leaving the regionals but even so you have to realize that regionals will suffer right along with mainline. It would be best for the regionals and the rest of industry if DAL pilots do not suffer in the fashion that you so gleefully hope for.

May I recommend getting a life?

Best of luck to those DAL guys and gals who have already sacrificed a billion dollars worth of concessions. DAL's problem doesn't lie with pilot payrates. It's poor management. Example. Start up goofy LCC carrier within a carrier. Offer all leather seating and inflight entertainment to leisure travellers who aren't paying anything for tickets. Meanwhile the business traveller who spends more on a ticket has no TV to watch and sits in a less comfortable cloth seat. That's it. Let's reward the lowest paying customers and punish the ones buying full fares. The BK court judge should just recommend they find a bright 30 year old with a fresh MBA to run the company and pay him 80,000/year. He probably wouldn't do any worse than the overpaid managment team currently in place.

IB6 UB9 said:
Closing in on 6000 posts and finally there is one that I want to read from you. Why won't you answer the question...where do you stand General? BTW, I don't want a PM.

I never would PM you anyway. IF it came down to a strike, I would vote for it. Hopefully it doesn't. I understand this company has some major problems, but taking it out mainly on the pilots is wrong. Everyone should share the pain, and the judge said it right when she asked why the company was "throwing darts at the pilots?" Got it?

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I never would PM you anyway. IF it came down to a strike, I would vote for it. Hopefully it doesn't. I understand this company has some major problems, but taking it out mainly on the pilots is wrong. Everyone should share the pain, and the judge said it right when she asked why the company was "throwing darts at the pilots?" Got it?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Got it...thank you.

737 Pylt said:
Hey rjdc, how goes that lawsuit?? Shouldn't you be mailing in checks to your lawyer about now!?!?

Hey 737 Crybaby Pylt: Why don't you start a "Hey Moderators Thead" about rjdc. I mean after all, he is putting down another company's misery. Come on, let's get him banned too.

rjdc: Delta will not walk. They will bend over and take it up the old tail pipe.

Restructuring must be viable!

Delta - I am not really sure how much the Judge can give and take from group to group. Even if she says that the Pilots all deserve a raise, and puts it into law, the economic ability must be there. She may agree that the pilots should stay right where they are in regards to pay, she may even force the 79 seater's (OK with me!) at mainline under mainline costs, but the companies total restructuring plan has to be viable. Hopefully she will look closer at management pay and incentives to bring them down and not just the rest of the labor pool. I think that DALPA will have to emulate the cost structure of the DCI carriers in order to fly anything as small as those carriers currently are flying. They will also have to compromise considerably on the 71-100 seat aircraft as well. I just hope that they don't go below what we already have or we are all screwed.

RJDC - Question, With ASA now a Skywest Inc. entity, how will the lawsuit filed in ASA's name be valid. I remember reading that it was primarily due to Comair and ASA being wholly owned and us not being able to negotiate with Delta management. What exactly will you guys get with ASA gone. If you are just trying to bring scope back to pre 2000, then any DCI contract carrier will benefit, not just Comair and ASA. If it will only benefit Comair at this point then it seems to me that the ASA portion of the law suit is irrelevant.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish here? :confused:

Lawman said:
Hey 737 Crybaby Pylt: Why don't you start a "Hey Moderators Thead" about rjdc. I mean after all, he is putting down another company's misery. Come on, let's get him banned too.

rjdc: Delta will not walk. They will bend over and take it up the old tail pipe.

Oh yeah, this guy is COOL! Like Fonzie. EEEEHHHHHHH!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Tim47SIP said:
Delta - I am not really sure how much the Judge can give and take from group to group. Even if she says that the Pilots all deserve a raise, and puts it into law, the economic ability must be there. She may agree that the pilots should stay right where they are in regards to pay, she may even force the 79 seater's (OK with me!) at mainline under mainline costs, but the companies total restructuring plan has to be viable. Hopefully she will look closer at management pay and incentives to bring them down and not just the rest of the labor pool. I think that DALPA will have to emulate the cost structure of the DCI carriers in order to fly anything as small as those carriers currently are flying. They will also have to compromise considerably on the 71-100 seat aircraft as well. I just hope that they don't go below what we already have or we are all screwed.

RJDC - Question, With ASA now a Skywest Inc. entity, how will the lawsuit filed in ASA's name be valid. I remember reading that it was primarily due to Comair and ASA being wholly owned and us not being able to negotiate with Delta management. What exactly will you guys get with ASA gone. If you are just trying to bring scope back to pre 2000, then any DCI contract carrier will benefit, not just Comair and ASA. If it will only benefit Comair at this point then it seems to me that the ASA portion of the law suit is irrelevant.

What is it that you are trying to accomplish here? :confused:

Tim,

We didn't say anything about trying to ruin the viability of the company. We have the "books" too, and we actually offered a $91 million a year pay cut (cut back after a certain amount of months) to help bring down the CASM to a LCC level. The company seems to be going for it all. As far as the 79 seat rates, I don't think Dalpa is asking for the moon, and it should have rates higher than 70 seat rates, since it has more seats. The 79 seat rates may be below Jetblue's 100 seat rates, since they are now the new benchmark for 100 seaters. It would be nice to have those planes on the property and also to help get our furloughs back into the cockpit. I think Dalpa has rates available to start negotiating for those 79 seaters and anything bigger.

Bye Bye--General Lee

RJDC,

Your either young and stupid or old and stupid, either way, your stupid. Your not in a postion to comment about anything relating to our next contract, Im sure that whatever pay we settle on, it will be more than enough to make us all happy as clams...

As far as LCC Cargo operators, You may be right, until then, Im gonna continue living the dream until something changes. For now I have other fish to fry, lets see, I think I might upgrade to the 747-400, no, maybe the A380. Damn, its tought having choices like these to consider.

I had a few rather rude, degrading comments to make to you, but I decided to not do it, because, I remember my days at the regionals staring out the window wondering what it would be like to actually fly something with the word "Heavy" attached to it. You seem passionate about things that are important to you, why dont you re-direct your negitive energy to something more positive and then maybe some positive light may shine back on you. Maybe then you can one day step up and go play with the big boys on the Varsity team...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back