• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Re: American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't forget 500 or so eagle guys with numbers before new hires. Who knows how many will decide to go over.

Don't forget 500 or so eagle guys with numbers before new hires. Who knows how many will decide to go over.

Good point, if they all decide to come over you just added another year before AA ever hires off the street.
Does anyone know when AA decides to recall, are the Eagle guys going to be the only ones called?

My assessment in a nutshell is that I'm confident we'll have a job to come back to at AA eventually--at least the Wall Street analysts seem to think so. As for when? Well, it's time to find another job for awhile.

Kude

If/ when AA buys USAir east your recall may be delayed. Just saying. Good luck!

Good point, if they all decide to come over you just added another year before AA ever hires off the street.
Does anyone know when AA decides to recall, are the Eagle guys going to be the only ones called?

**DISCLAIMER- The following info comes from an Eagle pilot (me) and what our union (AE ALPA) has told us, take it FWIW

A recent arbitration ruling stated that 244 of the approx 500 Eagle flowthroughs should have started class June 2007. The arbitrator has returned the 4 parties (AA, AE, APA, AE ALPA) to negotiate a remedy. If a remedy can't be reached within a 90 day period then it will go back to the arbitrator to decide how to fix things. I believe that 90 day period ends around beginning of Feb 2010. This is my understanding of the issue, but I am sure someone will have more details/comments.

APA and AE ALPA had a meeting recently to discuss any common ground for a remedy, but apparently there was zero common ground (according to AE ALPA). The next meeting will be Dec 18, where all 4 parties will be together talking. Next session scheduled for Jan 4th, and then if still no remedy the parties will meet with the arbitrator Feb 2, 3 and/or end of March. If it does go back to the arbitrator for a decision it could be prolonged much longer for him to come up with a solution.

Last edited:
Anybody's guess is the best answer I have heard or believe. I am committed for the long haul. But we will be back.

Keep the faith.
PHX767

I find it absolutely incredible that anyone would effectively put their professional life on hold for a decade waiting for the entry level job they had 10+ years earlier to re-open.

Sooner or later, don't you have to just move on?

**DISCLAIMER-
A recent arbitration ruling stated that 244 of the approx 500 Eagle flowthroughs should have started class June 2007. The arbitrator has returned the 4 parties (AA, AE, APA, AE ALPA) to negotiate a remedy. If a remedy can't be reached within a 90 day period then it will go back to the arbitrator to decide how to fix things. I believe that 90 day period ends around beginning of Feb 2010. This is my understanding of the issue, but I am sure someone will have more details/comments.

Best of luck with a senile arbiTRATOR. St Nic just keeps screwing things up...

**DISCLAIMER- The following info comes from an Eagle pilot (me) and what our union (AE ALPA) has told us, take it FWIW

A recent arbitration ruling stated that 244 of the approx 500 Eagle flowthroughs should have started class June 2007.

That's the way I understood it. The 244 take us up to where we are today. The remaining 256 fall somewhere with in the 1888 still waiting to be recalled. I think that it's actually 535 pilots.

It's my understanding from the arbitrators ruling that the 244 Eagle pilots should have been offered recall already. It's my interpretation that when AA does start recalling the 244 Eagle pilots will be the first recalled and then installed onto the AA seniority list.

It will take 6-12 months to recall 244 pilots with current retirements near zero. That means no movement on the list (other then backwards) for the next year or so.

I find it absolutely incredible that anyone would effectively put their professional life on hold for a decade waiting for the entry level job they had 10+ years earlier to re-open.
I don't think your condescending statement applies to many pilots at all. I've been at my current job for five and a half years and had every intention of deferring recall to AA. Well guess what, I'm slated to get furloughed early next year. Suddenly, a crappy $80,592/year job at AA doesn't sound so bad. Planning on accepting recall doesn't mean anything was put on hold. Heck, there's a furloughed ex-TWA guy who went through medical school and is now a real MD. He says he may accept recall due to how crappy (he feels) the medical profession is.

Latest resources

Back