Ramp Up at FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MAGNUM!! said:
There was actually some talk from the training guys this past week about knocking off the most recent S/O class and turning it into an F/O class. Not sure how feasible that would be, though. Also a good rumor that one of the next huge classes will be all 727 F/Os. Seeing as I'll be wrapping up F/O training here in a couple weeks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Of course, those 5 Jack and Cokes might have something to do with that, too....

My crash pad roommate is in the current new hire class and he says that they haven't heard anything about switching the class. The most junior guy at the company was awarded 727 F/O, so if Fred determines it saves money training them as FO's now instead of a week after IOE then I assume he'll do it. Of course, passover pay for a new hire is the same as a watch in Philadelphia... "50 Bucks..." MAGNUM: Knock off the Jack and Cokes and check out the thread on "non-aviation" stuff about the confederacy. Just when I thought Tony C had nothing good to say he goes and totally proves me wrong!

Deuce130 said:
MAGNUM: Knock off the Jack and Cokes and check out the thread on "non-aviation" stuff about the confederacy. Just when I thought Tony C had nothing good to say he goes and totally proves me wrong!
:)

We are multifaceted, aren't we Deuce?

How boring it would be if we agreed (or disagreed) on everything. :)

TonyC said:
:)

How boring it would be if we agreed (or disagreed) on everything. :)

Rog. I will say that I agree with you more than I disagree. And you were spot on with the Southern thing. Next time I choose to cross swords with you I'll make sure that I spend a little more time thinking about what I'm typing! See ya around the AOC...

A good friend who interviewed 2 weeks ago got the congrats call from KD yesterday. She told him September class sizes would be double. I don't know what July/Aug class sizes were. I'm curious if they are loading up now in anticipation of shutting down training during peak, or are they in a sheer panic for bodies (I hope that's the case).

6 months? I did the grip and grin in May and still haven't heard word yet. If this is true I can step down my plan for total world domination.......that was my plan "B". Is the 6 months call out from a reliable source, or did that number appear in a dream? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning getting your facts from dreams.....I get some of my best conversational statistics using that method. I'm just curious if I can still be hopeful???

TinGoose1 said:
6 months? I did the grip and grin in May and still haven't heard word yet. If this is true I can step down my plan for total world domination.......that was my plan "B". Is the 6 months call out from a reliable source, or did that number appear in a dream? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning getting your facts from dreams.....I get some of my best conversational statistics using that method. I'm just curious if I can still be hopeful???

From the SCP: "It's a
tedious process that takes many months from "push" or "glad-hand"-to-interview-to-hired."

From an ACP to his minions: "There is no time frame associated with
final selection, and this can take up to several months."

So you may have some spare time to give that world domination thing a whirl! Keep your phone charged however...;)

TinGoose1 said:

Keep your henchmen employed for the time being, but make sure they have an easy termination clause in their contract.

One of my best buds just got the call for the interview and he did his grip and grin back in April. I know two other people who did their ACP thing the first week of April and got called within the last two weeks.

So timeline wise I'd say you're still in the hunt - just be patient.

FYI, here is a current timeline. My sponsor did a grip-and-grin without me on 6 April. I got my call to interview on 15 July for the middle of Aug. Got my good news call eight days later. God does answer prayers!

I met with an ACP (real standup guy) in Memphis on 5 May and got the call for an interview on 24 Aug. My sponsor said that the magic words you want to hear come out of the ACP are (as pilot141 said), “just be patient” and that's exactly what he said to me. Good luck!

PurpleTail said:
I have to agree with the 80% mark, it has been that way for years.

Half of getting hired at FedEx is just getting the interview, thats the tough part. But once you've been called the job is only yours to lose. You fly a good sim...your in for the face-to-face. If you can put on your smiley face and be yourself then you are golden! The job really is only yours to lose, just clean out those skeltons and be honest. It is a very relaxed, non-aggresive process.

I have to politely dissagree. I made it through day 1. No skeltons. Properly preped. Subtle good feedback at the interview. I was enthused and very happy to be there. There are quite a few others out there like me too. Maybe next time...

Latest resources

Back