Ramp Up at FedEx

angry tanker

Active member
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Posts
42
Total Time
3500
It looks like the ramp up is beginning again at FedEx. Heard 48 new hires for Sept. Rumour is 60 for the Oct classes. Anyone else hear these rumours? Good luck all.
 

hoya saxa

veritas non sequitur
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Posts
120
Total Time
3000
angry tanker said:
It looks like the ramp up is beginning again at FedEx. Heard 48 new hires for Sept. Rumour is 60 for the Oct classes. Anyone else hear these rumours? Good luck all.

I heard that about September, but the October one is news to me. Happy to spread it on the crew bus though...
 

FedExFlyer

You smell something??
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Posts
196
Total Time
10K+
hoya saxa said:
Happy to spread it on the crew bus though...

That stinkin crew bus is worse than this website! Gotta love the crew bus fodder!!!
 

adqrip

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2002
Posts
46
Total Time
7500
Just walked a friend in for the "grip & grin" pre-interview. Was told that he could expect a call for an interview in four to six months!!!!.. I did see the note from Jack about slowing down the pre-interviews because they are backed up and have enough candidates for interviews till the first of the year. But if my friend doesn't get called for six months (longest estimate) that would mean the system is backed up to March 06 for interviews.

The ACP did say 46 for Sept but I haven't heard any numbers for Oct or the rest of the year for that matter.
 

miles otoole

Well-known member
Joined
May 7, 2004
Posts
948
Total Time
10k+
adqrip said:
Just walked a friend in for the "grip & grin" pre-interview. Was told that he could expect a call for an interview in four to six months!!!!.. I did see the note from Jack about slowing down the pre-interviews because they are backed up and have enough candidates for interviews till the first of the year. But if my friend doesn't get called for six months (longest estimate) that would mean the system is backed up to March 06 for interviews.

The ACP did say 46 for Sept but I haven't heard any numbers for Oct or the rest of the year for that matter.

Any idea on the percentage hired from interviews?
 

adqrip

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2002
Posts
46
Total Time
7500
80%, that's from Jack Lewis, riding the jumpseat seat & he said that 4 of 5 guys currently interviewing were being hired. Unusual but most of the recent busts were from the sim ride, sooo that said guess the prudent person would get a sim prep. g'luck rip
 

Los1

NKAWTG....Nobody!!
Joined
Jul 31, 2004
Posts
130
Total Time
@7500
Friend of mine, who is in the latest class, was told it was 60 in Sep by the 72 instructors...Good Luck

Los1
 

PurpleTail

Is that RMB or USD???
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Posts
474
Total Time
6500TT
miles otoole said:
Any idea on the percentage hired from interviews?

I have to agree with the 80% mark, it has been that way for years.

Half of getting hired at FedEx is just getting the interview, thats the tough part. But once you've been called the job is only yours to lose. You fly a good sim...your in for the face-to-face. If you can put on your smiley face and be yourself then you are golden! The job really is only yours to lose, just clean out those skeltons and be honest. It is a very relaxed, non-aggresive process.
 

skykid

On Point
Joined
Jan 24, 2002
Posts
759
Total Time
6000
Just walked a friend in for the "grip & grin" pre-interview. Was told that he could expect a call for an interview in four to six months!!!!..

Yep, its already 6 months.
 

stonewall

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 5, 2005
Posts
2,117
Total Time
3K+
There was actually some talk from the training guys this past week about knocking off the most recent S/O class and turning it into an F/O class. Not sure how feasible that would be, though. Also a good rumor that one of the next huge classes will be all 727 F/Os. Seeing as I'll be wrapping up F/O training here in a couple weeks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Of course, those 5 Jack and Cokes might have something to do with that, too....
 

Deuce130

Durka Durka Jihad!
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Posts
1,237
Total Time
3000
MAGNUM!! said:
There was actually some talk from the training guys this past week about knocking off the most recent S/O class and turning it into an F/O class. Not sure how feasible that would be, though. Also a good rumor that one of the next huge classes will be all 727 F/Os. Seeing as I'll be wrapping up F/O training here in a couple weeks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Of course, those 5 Jack and Cokes might have something to do with that, too....

My crash pad roommate is in the current new hire class and he says that they haven't heard anything about switching the class. The most junior guy at the company was awarded 727 F/O, so if Fred determines it saves money training them as FO's now instead of a week after IOE then I assume he'll do it. Of course, passover pay for a new hire is the same as a watch in Philadelphia... "50 Bucks..." MAGNUM: Knock off the Jack and Cokes and check out the thread on "non-aviation" stuff about the confederacy. Just when I thought Tony C had nothing good to say he goes and totally proves me wrong!
 

TonyC

Frederick's Happy Face
Joined
Oct 21, 2002
Posts
3,050
Total Time
>8,000
Deuce130 said:
MAGNUM: Knock off the Jack and Cokes and check out the thread on "non-aviation" stuff about the confederacy. Just when I thought Tony C had nothing good to say he goes and totally proves me wrong!
:)

We are multifaceted, aren't we Deuce?

How boring it would be if we agreed (or disagreed) on everything. :)





.
 

Deuce130

Durka Durka Jihad!
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Posts
1,237
Total Time
3000
TonyC said:
:)


How boring it would be if we agreed (or disagreed) on everything. :)

Rog. I will say that I agree with you more than I disagree. And you were spot on with the Southern thing. Next time I choose to cross swords with you I'll make sure that I spend a little more time thinking about what I'm typing! See ya around the AOC...
 

Purple Haze

Out there and lovin' it
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
175
Total Time
>6000
A good friend who interviewed 2 weeks ago got the congrats call from KD yesterday. She told him September class sizes would be double. I don't know what July/Aug class sizes were. I'm curious if they are loading up now in anticipation of shutting down training during peak, or are they in a sheer panic for bodies (I hope that's the case).
 

TinGoose1

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 10, 2005
Posts
160
Total Time
11:52
6 months? I did the grip and grin in May and still haven't heard word yet. If this is true I can step down my plan for total world domination.......that was my plan "B". Is the 6 months call out from a reliable source, or did that number appear in a dream? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning getting your facts from dreams.....I get some of my best conversational statistics using that method. I'm just curious if I can still be hopeful???
 

hoya saxa

veritas non sequitur
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Posts
120
Total Time
3000
TinGoose1 said:
6 months? I did the grip and grin in May and still haven't heard word yet. If this is true I can step down my plan for total world domination.......that was my plan "B". Is the 6 months call out from a reliable source, or did that number appear in a dream? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning getting your facts from dreams.....I get some of my best conversational statistics using that method. I'm just curious if I can still be hopeful???

From the SCP: "It's a
tedious process that takes many months from "push" or "glad-hand"-to-interview-to-hired."

From an ACP to his minions: "There is no time frame associated with
final selection, and this can take up to several months."

So you may have some spare time to give that world domination thing a whirl! Keep your phone charged however...;)
 

pilot141

Professional Cynic
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
274
Total Time
5,000+
TinGoose1 said:
6 months? I did the grip and grin in May and still haven't heard word yet. If this is true I can step down my plan for total world domination.......that was my plan "B". Is the 6 months call out from a reliable source, or did that number appear in a dream? Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning getting your facts from dreams.....I get some of my best conversational statistics using that method. I'm just curious if I can still be hopeful???

Keep your henchmen employed for the time being, but make sure they have an easy termination clause in their contract.

One of my best buds just got the call for the interview and he did his grip and grin back in April. I know two other people who did their ACP thing the first week of April and got called within the last two weeks.

So timeline wise I'd say you're still in the hunt - just be patient.
 

Miyagi

Active member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Posts
37
Total Time
enough
FYI, here is a current timeline. My sponsor did a grip-and-grin without me on 6 April. I got my call to interview on 15 July for the middle of Aug. Got my good news call eight days later. God does answer prayers!
 

Dolomite1and2

Point Cadet's Orneriest
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Posts
19
Total Time
6,000+
I met with an ACP (real standup guy) in Memphis on 5 May and got the call for an interview on 24 Aug. My sponsor said that the magic words you want to hear come out of the ACP are (as pilot141 said), “just be patient” and that's exactly what he said to me. Good luck!
 

captain caveman

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Posts
272
Total Time
8000
PurpleTail said:
I have to agree with the 80% mark, it has been that way for years.

Half of getting hired at FedEx is just getting the interview, thats the tough part. But once you've been called the job is only yours to lose. You fly a good sim...your in for the face-to-face. If you can put on your smiley face and be yourself then you are golden! The job really is only yours to lose, just clean out those skeltons and be honest. It is a very relaxed, non-aggresive process.

I have to politely dissagree. I made it through day 1. No skeltons. Properly preped. Subtle good feedback at the interview. I was enthused and very happy to be there. There are quite a few others out there like me too. Maybe next time...
 
Top