Ramp Up at FedEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

angry tanker

It looks like the ramp up is beginning again at FedEx. Heard 48 new hires for Sept. Rumour is 60 for the Oct classes. Anyone else hear these rumours? Good luck all.

angry tanker said:
It looks like the ramp up is beginning again at FedEx. Heard 48 new hires for Sept. Rumour is 60 for the Oct classes. Anyone else hear these rumours? Good luck all.

I heard that about September, but the October one is news to me. Happy to spread it on the crew bus though...

Just walked a friend in for the "grip & grin" pre-interview. Was told that he could expect a call for an interview in four to six months!!!!.. I did see the note from Jack about slowing down the pre-interviews because they are backed up and have enough candidates for interviews till the first of the year. But if my friend doesn't get called for six months (longest estimate) that would mean the system is backed up to March 06 for interviews.

The ACP did say 46 for Sept but I haven't heard any numbers for Oct or the rest of the year for that matter.

adqrip said:
Just walked a friend in for the "grip & grin" pre-interview. Was told that he could expect a call for an interview in four to six months!!!!.. I did see the note from Jack about slowing down the pre-interviews because they are backed up and have enough candidates for interviews till the first of the year. But if my friend doesn't get called for six months (longest estimate) that would mean the system is backed up to March 06 for interviews.

The ACP did say 46 for Sept but I haven't heard any numbers for Oct or the rest of the year for that matter.

Any idea on the percentage hired from interviews?

80%, that's from Jack Lewis, riding the jumpseat seat & he said that 4 of 5 guys currently interviewing were being hired. Unusual but most of the recent busts were from the sim ride, sooo that said guess the prudent person would get a sim prep. g'luck rip

Friend of mine, who is in the latest class, was told it was 60 in Sep by the 72 instructors...Good Luck

Los1

miles otoole said:
Any idea on the percentage hired from interviews?

I have to agree with the 80% mark, it has been that way for years.

Half of getting hired at FedEx is just getting the interview, thats the tough part. But once you've been called the job is only yours to lose. You fly a good sim...your in for the face-to-face. If you can put on your smiley face and be yourself then you are golden! The job really is only yours to lose, just clean out those skeltons and be honest. It is a very relaxed, non-aggresive process.

Just walked a friend in for the "grip & grin" pre-interview. Was told that he could expect a call for an interview in four to six months!!!!..

Yep, its already 6 months.

There was actually some talk from the training guys this past week about knocking off the most recent S/O class and turning it into an F/O class. Not sure how feasible that would be, though. Also a good rumor that one of the next huge classes will be all 727 F/Os. Seeing as I'll be wrapping up F/O training here in a couple weeks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Of course, those 5 Jack and Cokes might have something to do with that, too....

Latest resources

Back