• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight Pay Scale Increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FWIW, there is a contract at Ram. It is six months from when you start with the company and six months after your initial twin checkride. This comes directly from Big Dog. I am not sure why he told me via Private message instead of just posting but I thought I'd let you know.

Contracts and Private Messages...

coltsfn8888 said:
FWIW, there is a contract at Ram. It is six months from when you start with the company and six months after your initial twin checkride. This comes directly from Big Dog. I am not sure why he told me via Private message instead of just posting but I thought I'd let you know.

I now need to clarify this post. This is way I sent a PRIVATE message & this is why it needed to stay PRIVATE, so people don't get confused. Anyone may PM me for more info as I said in the beginning. Please do not repost or worst try to paraphrase things like contracts in PRIVATE messages. Do you get my point! Basic message board courtesy 101...

Anywho, upon successful passage of your first 135 checkride, you must sign a contract saying that you will work for Ram Air a minimum of 6 months. For this you get $1000. Upon successful passage of your first twin transition checkride the contract "resets" for another 6 months. For this you get an additional $1000.

Example - A new hire passes his first twin transition checkride 2 months (fairly typical) after his initial 135 checkride. Your total contractual time obligation to Ram in this example would be 8 months.

Big Dog said:
I now need to clarify this post. This is way I sent a PRIVATE message & this is why it needed to stay PRIVATE, so people don't get confused. Anyone may PM me for more info as I said in the beginning. Please do not repost or worst try to paraphrase things like contracts in PRIVATE messages. Do you get my point! Basic message board courtesy 101...

Anywho, upon successful passage of your first 135 checkride, you must sign a contract saying that you will work for Ram Air a minimum of 6 months. For this you get $1000. Upon successful passage of your first twin transition checkride the contract "resets" for another 6 months. For this you get an additional $1000.

Example - A new hire passes his first twin transition checkride 2 months (fairly typical) after his initial 135 checkride. Your total contractual time obligation to Ram in this example would be 8 months.

So if you do not want the 1000 bucks, can you opt out of the contract? Sounds like indentured servants to me. RamEx knows they are a stepping stone and they always will be.

coltsfn8888 said:
Big Dog I get your point. You want to use this website to recruit but you elected not to mention the contract.

Well of course! It's good business sense! If he were acting like an employer actively recruiting the all seeing webisite master of the universe might try to soak him for more than ten bucks!

Lots of places are not exactly up front about contracts. I don't know why-if the outfit is good and treat folks right there will be enough people that stay long enough that a contract isn't required...and people slinging proofbags into lances need to remember that they aren't going to get paid like a regional CA even though it's harder work...

Hehehehehahahahah...chuckle...all y'all crack me up...

Latest resources

Back