• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ram Air Freight Pay Scale Increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's exactly the complaint that led to the situation. They have in the years past and gave up on it. More trouble than it's worth. Too loud in our cockpits and the radios never last more than a season. Straight pipes...no doors....no we don't drop or pick-up there, just refuel. I went to K-Mart and bought one of those 12 volt battery packs they sell to jump start cars and it has a lighter adapter thing that's built into it that I plug my SP-200 into just in case I really need it. It's all very light weight and I'll carry it with me anytime I fly a POS. If you're ever looking for a great light weight 12 volt power supply that's rechargeable go to K-Mart. It's only $32 on sale. I recharge it once a week at the most if I'm transmitting heavily.

[thread creep]
If you read the company's waiver, I believe you'll find that they are responsible for training you in their operations. Your operations now include going to a remote field.

Though, what this sounds like is, someone at the local airport has their panties in a wad, and whined enough to the FAA. The Fed's, to make it look like their doing somethign, ask JD to outline his training program. They write a letter, outlining the training program. And that's it. Fed's can say "look, he's not breaking the regs, he trains his guys to operate safely. Nothing we can do"

Be safe out there!

You are correct sir. That's exactly what it is.....according to JD and AT. They could care less and were glad to give the letter to the FAA. I must confuse easily. I figured at this point I know very well how to fly into an uncontrolled field. I've endorsed folks to get their PPL. I trained them in uncontrolled fields and now the FAA wants proof that WE are being trained in uncontrolled field procedures. Just ironic, that's all. I wish those folks over there would quit flying jet patterns in 172s and Cherokees. Too hazy for that crap.

First of all Big Dog=President of the company.

Secondly, RAF gave their pilots a $5/day raise which equals $25/week, $100/month, $1200/year.

Airnet, AMF, AirNow, Flight Express, MAC, etc. all offer better pay, good Mx (except AirNow), and better QOL. Lets assume that you have a 11-14 hour duty day at Ram which is common.
With an 11 hour duty day you make: $8.18/hr
With a 14 hour duty day you make: $6.43/hr

FlightExpress for instance pays $10/duty hour. $110/11 hour duty day, $140/14 hour duty day, etc. Ram is a bottom feeder not to mention the pay is horrible. At an average regional lets say you make $22/hr with a 75 hr guarantee. Thats $1650/month vs. $1800/mo at Ram. Also factor in per diem at $1.40/hr (lets say you do four 4-day trips) gives you $537.60/mo. Total=$2187.60 FIRST YEAR!

Second year, your pay goes to $33-35/hr, etc. You do the math, look at other freight companies, but DON'T listen to the b.s. about RAM being a paycut from a regional. Also---the insurance is non-existant. I used to work there for a little over 6 months and never saw a BCBS insurance card.

CaptainChris77 said:
First of all Big Dog=President of the company.

Secondly, RAF gave their pilots a $5/day raise which equals $25/week, $100/month, $1200/year.

Airnet, AMF, AirNow, Flight Express, MAC, etc. all offer better pay, good Mx (except AirNow), and better QOL. Lets assume that you have a 11-14 hour duty day at Ram which is common.
With an 11 hour duty day you make: $8.18/hr
With a 14 hour duty day you make: $6.43/hr

FlightExpress for instance pays $10/duty hour. $110/11 hour duty day, $140/14 hour duty day, etc. Ram is a bottom feeder not to mention the pay is horrible. At an average regional lets say you make $22/hr with a 75 hr guarantee. Thats $1650/month vs. $1800/mo at Ram. Also factor in per diem at $1.40/hr (lets say you do four 4-day trips) gives you $537.60/mo. Total=$2187.60 FIRST YEAR!

Second year, your pay goes to $33-35/hr, etc. You do the math, look at other freight companies, but DON'T listen to the b.s. about RAM being a paycut from a regional. Also---the insurance is non-existant. I used to work there for a little over 6 months and never saw a BCBS insurance card.

Big Dog is a pilot.

The pay is what it is. Anyone who doesnt want to work for that kind of money doesnt have to.

Everyone who signs up for insurance is covered.

Blueliner said:
Everyone who signs up for insurance is covered.

Funny, but the Pacakge guys were told that too. I guess when they took the money out of our paychecks, they decided not to to send it to BC&BS because they still have it down that I was un-insured for that month.

Who can I talk to about visiting RAM and seeing the ops? Is that even allowed post 9-11.

I'll be home on leave at the end of August (family lives in Charlotte, NC.)

Thanks,
LAFF

Most likely if you go over and knock on the door during normal business hours, they would show you around.

Latest resources

Back