RAH to operate 30-35 EMB-175 for US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALGFLER you have misinformation
"Like I said, as long as they are from the original US Air order, it could happen. but I don't see US Air giving up order slots that could be 190's. Although the 175 is certified for 86 seats, they can only be configured to 76 seats in the US Airways system if flown by an affiliate carrier. Thats only 4 extra seats over the 170. Why give up order slots that could be 99 seat 190's?"

Press ReleaseSource: Republic Airways Holdings
Republic Airways and US Airways Expand Partnership with the Addition of 30 Embraer 175 Aircraft
Monday July 24, 8:00 am ET

INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 24, 2006--Republic Airways Holdings (NASDAQ:RJET - News), the parent company of Republic Airlines, today announced that its Republic Airlines subsidiary has signed an amendment to its jet services agreement with US Airways (NYSE:LCC - News) which calls for Republic to operate thirty 86-seat Embraer 175 aircraft as US Airways Express. These aircraft are in addition to the twenty-eight 72-seat Embraer 170 aircraft currently in service. The new Embraer 175s will replace 20 existing 50-seat Embraer 145s operated for US Airways Express by Republic Airways Holdings' Chautauqua Airlines subsidiary. The remaining 10 Embraer 175 deliveries will either replace other retiring regional aircraft or be used for possible growth in 2008.

*sigh* Well quicker upgrades and turbine pic, more Mainline jobs gone to the desert. This trend is getting pretty d@mn old as the 'small' jet gets bigger and bigger.

truly a sad day...........

I didn't see this coming. How will Parker explain this move to the mainline drivers? Sounds more like stirring a hornet's nest to me.

dnkt said:
Agree. Flying 175's around for 135 rates and being proud of it.

Upgrading on 3rd year pay...

Year 3 4 5 6
Jetblue 190 74 76 77 79
RAH 175 72 74 76 78

Hardly 135 rates....

well theres some more planes to do the Coex flying Good for the RAH guys get those upgrades especially the ole shuttle gang they earned it

GFunk20 said:
Yes, we (Republic) currently fly 72 seat E-170s for US Airways.

E-175 will have a few more seats and is slightly longer. As mentioned above, Air Canada seems to have several of them.

So you have worked for Express, Eagle, and Taco??

Latest resources

Back