Radio Show Antics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TDTURBO said:
I can't believe no-one mentioned it or heard the show on this board since it's nationally syndicated.

No offense, but it doesn't surprise me... Most people on this board are way above the "Mancow" mentality...

Falcon Capt said:
No offense, but it doesn't surprise me... Most people on this board are way above the "Mancow" mentality...

Falcon,
No offense taken.
I figured most of the older "captains" like yourself wouldn't be interested but assumed that a good majority on this board were half my age, hence the assumption.:cool:

Well, I'm glad to hear you did the stunt on the ground, but I can't help but wonder what a statement like "I'm depressed, the weather's bad and I drank all night and have a hangover... let's go" will do for our already poor image as pilots.

Nice job...you have done wonders for the general public's image of general aviation...hungover, depressed private pilots flying around in bad weather. No wonder people have such a warped view of what flying is all about.

I hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes.

I guess you proved one thing...you dont have to be smart to be a pilot.

Flyright, ifly4food (et al),

Flying is like eating oysters, either you love'em or hate'em. There isn't much middle ground with flying, either people will or won't.

I sincerely doubt that most people on this board want the listeners of this show flying small planes anyway. In fact, I think the whole "young eagles" program is uni-dimensional, self serving bureaucracy. Why do I, or you, care if a bunch of people want to learn how to fly? I sure as hell don't want any more airplanes buzzing around ATA's.

As it is you can't even give a position report without being walked on the Unicom freq. I could care less if there are a "thousand" less applicants because they believe everything on the Mancow show. Lets not forget about the, sport and recreational" pilot certificates, now that's a great idea.:rolleyes:

Just what I want is a bunch of marginal aviators crowding an already jammed pattern. Gee, lets turn flying into something as easy and popular as driving for the, "good"' of the sport.........NOT!

But hey, it's all-good for the CFI, the more students the better right? Who cares about the long-term consequences of stuffing an already over capacity bureaucracy. The CFI's need the hour’s don't they?

The show at best would serve only to screen out the idiots which btw your profession has many. Just take a look at all the "flying 121 under the influence violations that occurred this year alone. Just take a look at what your colleagues are willing to do to f*ck you out of a job......pft.:rolleyes:

While were at it, lets all have 6 or 10 kids, the world could use more sticky fetuses running around, burning natural resources, leveling rain forests, increasing congestion on the highways and polluting. But hey, congratulations Johnny on your new boy! When you gonna have a daughter?

The worlds not f*cked up enough, lets add to it.

There are allot of things that I am pissed off about but bite my tongue for the sake of harmony, but certain things need to be spelled out. So all you people on your soap box can get off now, not everyone on this board has or cares about YOUR own selfish agendas.

With that, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving and enjoy the soon to be up linked show, remember, it's just a d*mn show for juveniles!
:D

TDTURBO said:
Falcon,
No offense taken.
I figured most of the older "captains" like yourself wouldn't be interested but assumed that a good majority on this board were half my age, hence the assumption.:cool:

::: sniff sniff ::: :(

I'm only 34! :eek:

Whoa there, TD Turbo! You totally missed the point!

This isn't about fostering the image of aviation so that more people want to fly. This is about fostering the image of aviation so that the nonflying public doesn't continue to tell its representatives in Washington that we "cowboy" pilots are a dangerous security risk and need to be stopped.

By putting forward the bad image you perpetuated, we are actually working to lose our flying privileges.

I'm not taking sides in this one because I think valid arguments exist for each; but IFF, did you ever see the drunk pilot skit on the Man Show, and if so, what did you think about it? Personally I thought it was hilarious, and if I remember correctly, it was produced before the AW pilots got in trouble this summer, which makes it even more clever. Not picking, just curious.

i hope someone gets a link up i'd like to hear that. i could use a good laugh because after all it was SUPPOSED TO BE FUNNY! since the begining of time humans have laughed at ourselves (SNL) but some poeple find fault in anything but anyway glad your not in jail and by the way nice speech tdturbo i hope you don't mind if i write you in for president next time around.

too funny

Latest resources

Back