• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Radio Show Antics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't even entertain the idea of doing this. What's the harm in saying no? So you pass up one hour of single engine recip. time. Big deal. don't do it.

You say why be concerned about FARs if you're not a professional pilot!?

This is a heck of an attitude for a professional pilot to be advocating. The FARs are not in place for professional pilots, they are there for everyone. Occasionally they seem to make no sense, but for the most part they exist to make up for some people's lack of common sense, and to protect persons and property from harm.

Thanks for all the input everybody,

iflyforfood,

I called Sandy, they will be doing it on the ground, taping the sounds and dubbing in the radio show. This avoids any possibility of any FSDO getting involved.

I think allot of people on this board are unfamiliar with Mancow, if they were, they would know his weekly pranks and stunts are ficticious and should be taken as such. Pilots by nature are serious, they should be, but like other people eluded to, you guys are WAY TOO SERIOUS.

It's light humor, the demographics of this show appeal mainly to the South Park crowd. You wouldn't call 911 if every time Kenny gets killed would you? Turd gets injured and almost killed every week, nobody takes this stuff seriously.

Finally, avbug is correct as usual, no need to go anywhere to make this program fly....pun intended. Again, thanks for everyones input.

Flywrite,

You're right the FAR's are for everyone, but think about it logically.

What are the FAA's enforcement powers, they can fine you (maximum of $1000 per violation, for non-hazmat), or suspend your license, but not both. Now if I had my license suspended for 30 days I'm out a ton of money and will very possibly be fired. To me the FAA's enforcement policies work very, very well.

On the other hand if I'm a doctor or lawyer, do I really care if I can't take my little Malibu out for a month, or for that matter do I really care if the FAA suspended my license, I might go fly any way. There's been lots of cases of farmers out west that have been flying around there ranches without pilot licenses. What's the FAA going to do revoke a license they don't have? It would be like the AMA revoking my medical license, I'm not a doctor (though I did stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night), so who cares?

What I was trying to get to Tdturbo at is there are other laws than the FAR's that would affect him more.

TDTurbo sounds like a good solution! I wish I lived up there to listen to it

We may change things tomorrow, I would rather Turd get sick and pretend to puke all over the inside of the plane causing me to throw up all over him and the avionics.

The great mess and ensuing chaos would be a typical day in the life of Turd. I think this could be extremely funny to a listener that is safe and clean on the ground.

Try to tune in to Q101 tomorrow morning and find out. :D

Any other suggestions might be helpful, we are just kinda wing'in it!

Last edited:
I just received the tape of the show a few minutes ago, it was funny as hell!

I told them, while on the air, that I didn't think it would be a good idea to go flying since I was depressed, the weather was bad and I had been drinking all night with a hangover.

We get back on the air on the take off roll and everything is going fine, Turd is making noises of joy, I talk to Mancow and tell him we are going to do some "maneuvers".

The show breaks and we get back on and Turd begins to get sick, in the ensuing struggle to find a sic-sac, he hurls all over the radio stack, which then causes me to puke all over him.:eek: The sound effects were awesome! The radios then short out along with the gear extension switch.

Mancow goes to break and we come back with me passed out covered in vomit and Turd screaming that we are going down and he doesn't know how to fly......This goes on for a minute or two and the show is out of time and ends.

Naturally, all this is b.s but it sounded excellent. The show got a million calls wondering what happened.

Since this was done on the ground it was all legal.....I checked.:D

No one called the police or emergency vehicles, hard to do when they didn't have a clue were we were, and everything went off without a hitch.

I can't believe no-one mentioned it or heard the show on this board since it's nationally syndicated.

It was fun, both FBO's on the field loved it. Just another day in the life of Turd.:eek:

Last edited:
I have an audio CD of the show edited with just the Turd stuff on it but have no idea how to post it. If you have someway to host it or if its possible to e-mail it, I will. Maybe you could host it and provide a link.:confused:

If you can encode it as an mp3 I can host it. Or send a copy of the CD to me I can rip it and host it too. Send me an e-mail for details [email protected]

Latest resources

Back