QX Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

onewithwings

If you are looking for a position with Horizon Air, PM me.

I have a friend who is a recruiter there and I'll be happy to forward qualified applicant's resumes.

Keep in mind a degree is preferred. (She has had resume's rejected by the CP due to no degree.)

You'll need:
Multi with at least 300 hours
Commercial with 1000 hours
(The more instrument time the better)

O.W.W.

I have been scheduled for interview on the 25th. Do not have 4 yr (112/120 completed). Do you think it will sink me?
A little about myself: 121 dispatch experience and CRJ FO at Eagle.
I think my exp on CRJ will actually work against me, as I think the system training is not very thorough (at least on the CRJ). Afraid they will ask me something difficult.

No. I think you will sink yourself. You already have a negative attitude about two different subjects, your lack of a 4-year degree, and your own perceived lack of systems knowledge on the CRJ. This will come out in the interview (unless you take immediate steps to start correcting it) and THIS will be what "sinks" you.

8AF said:
I have been scheduled for interview on the 25th. Do not have 4 yr (112/120 completed). Do you think it will sink me?
A little about myself: 121 dispatch experience and CRJ FO at Eagle.
I think my exp on CRJ will actually work against me, as I think the system training is not very thorough (at least on the CRJ). Afraid they will ask me something difficult.
They dig previous 121 experience. Like Flip says, ditch the negative attitude. Sell yourself and don't forget to cup gently.

Flip Conroy said:
No. I think you will sink yourself. You already have a negative attitude about two different subjects, your lack of a 4-year degree, and your own perceived lack of systems knowledge on the CRJ. This will come out in the interview (unless you take immediate steps to start correcting it) and THIS will be what "sinks" you.

I think my concern is legit as most people keep saying QX will not hire anyone without a 4 yr.
My "preceived lack of system knowledge" comes from the fact that the CRJ program at Eagle are different than the old school Eagle. They don't teach or want us to memorize the gee-whiz stuff like the rpm of the apu and many others. Therefore, I feel I didn't learn as much as I would have at other programs at Eagle or in the ground school of other airlines. I set very high standard for myself and did well in the grounds school (98 for the system). No way I am lacking confidence but I just wish I have learnt more. Anyway, thanks for your encouragement.

You don't need to know that stuff on the CRJ. No one teaches that on a glass jet like a CRJ.

Like any carrier, they DO make exceptions for experience and competence.

Although the requirements posted above are higher than what they request on their web site, they ARE what QX considers "competitive".

I might also stress they want good solid records on IFR and multi time.

Good Luck

Wanna be a FO till the end of time? Then COME ON DOWN!!!!!

You're the next contestant on "runining your career because you spent too much time waiting to upgrade at Horizon!"

...sent in a resume a few weeks back on the horizonair website. Also currently at AE but on ERJ....way above those min's. Have degree AND a positive attitude. Haven't heard anything back yet....still keeping my ear to the ground. :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back