QX Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pacsky72 said:
...sent in a resume a few weeks back on the horizonair website. Also currently at AE but on ERJ....way above those min's. Have degree AND a positive attitude. Haven't heard anything back yet....still keeping my ear to the ground. :)

I'll 2nd that. I applied about a month ago with 4yr degree and 121 time with well above the mins and no call.

Good luck

QXpeon said:
Wanna be a FO till the end of time? Then COME ON DOWN!!!!!

You're the next contestant on "runining your career because you spent too much time waiting to upgrade at Horizon!"

If you feel like you are "ruining your career" at Horizon, then get the he!! out. Sorry you feel that your life is judged on when you upgrade at your job. From what I hear, upgrade times are coming down, if that is what you base the value of your life on.

Besides, I know people who have spent very little time at Horizon and moved on to other places (including Alaska and other major carriers). Their careers don't seem "ruined". I also know people who have made a career AT Horizon. Evidently, they don't see their carrers as "ruined" either.

All I see is someone (you) pissed at yourself for making a bad choice in your eyes. So fix it. Go find something else and get out of there.

I got the no thanks from them after submitting my resume online. I have everything but the 1000 total time. I am furloughed 121 so I was hopeing that would make up for the lack of total time, but nope, oh well.

I noticed the pilot posting on the website is gone. Are they done hiring? I got my online app in in June. Is it still in the system?

New to Flight Info...have an interview the end of the month. Would like to here from QX people on QOL, basing, schedules...the usual stuff.

Thanks,
Skeptic

QXpeon said:
Wanna be a FO till the end of time? Then COME ON DOWN!!!!!

You're the next contestant on "runining your career because you spent too much time waiting to upgrade at Horizon!"

Skywest is Hiring. If Horizon is so bad, leave!

Flip Conroy said:
If you feel like you are "ruining your career" at Horizon, then get the he!! out. Sorry you feel that your life is judged on when you upgrade at your job. From what I hear, upgrade times are coming down, if that is what you base the value of your life on.

Besides, I know people who have spent very little time at Horizon and moved on to other places (including Alaska and other major carriers). Their careers don't seem "ruined". I also know people who have made a career AT Horizon. Evidently, they don't see their carrers as "ruined" either.

All I see is someone (you) pissed at yourself for making a bad choice in your eyes. So fix it. Go find something else and get out of there.

Wouldn't it be refreshing if people such as 'Peon' would take control of their own lives and find a way to make themselves happy rather than b*tch*ng and moaning. Probably a waste of breath but it certainly would be nice to eliminate the perpetually unhappy from the equation.

QXpeon said:
At least all you suckers will be below me.....

You are funny. You already stated that you ruined your carier in aviation. I would think you would be looking at some vocational schools that interest you before you get too old for a change in profession. It is a vicious job market out there after all.

cheers and good luck.

What is a typical line like on the CRJ7 and Q series respectively? Any overnights in YVR or YYC? Are those senior trips? How much flying can I expect while on reserve? Appreciate the info!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back