Questions about NIFA Nationals...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DGdaPilot said:
We practiced 4-6 days a week. Typically 3-5 hours each weeknight. But despite that, it was some of the best times in my life. I miss it already. I think I'm headin to Region VIII's regionals next week for my first judging experience. And to think, I missed regional top pilot last year by one lousy point....son'of'a........
Jeebus man, no wonder you guys win regionals so often. Thats waaaay too much practice and far too little social life. 2-3 days per week, 1-2 hours at a time is all we did, and 5th place last year at Nats wasn't too shabby. WMU guys told us if they had scored under the old system, we'd have tied them for 3rd. Not bad for a bunch of card-playing socialites :beer:

If I weren't headed out of town next weekend, I'd be in HUF too. Are you from WV, DG?

also, was anyone flying during the practice at MQY in 2004 when "Cowboy One" got lost and ended up over BNA thinking it was MQY? those were some great radio calls...

BoilerUP said:
Jeebus man, no wonder you guys win regionals so often. Thats waaaay too much practice and far too little social life. 2-3 days per week, 1-2 hours at a time is all we did, and 5th place last year at Nats wasn't too shabby. WMU guys told us if they had scored under the old system, we'd have tied them for 3rd. Not bad for a bunch of card-playing socialites :beer:

If I weren't headed out of town next weekend, I'd be in HUF too. Are you from WV, DG?

I'm from IL, but my buddy (who's still on the team) is from WV. I was happy with our results at last nationals. I thought 2nd place Judges trophy was quite an accomplishment considering it is the overall scoring of everyone.

I used to be on the ISU flight team but I think we were the last team to compete. Are they just hosting it or are they competing?

Sycamore SAm said:
I used to be on the ISU flight team but I think we were the last team to compete. Are they just hosting it or are they competing?

both (stupid too short post thingie)

Good luck ILLINI at the competition.

I almost did a double take walking at Ohare and seeing a picture of Wally Funk on a display as you walk between UAL term 1 and AA Term 3. Brought back memories, they should have photographed her with an orange safety vest.

I enjoyed the time I played a nice joke on the competitors calling them after the coaches reception saying we were too drunk to drive the van home. Seeing 8 of them pour out of the hotel with cameras and camcorders was a site. We gotten good that day, little ones never learn

D

Uh oh

TrafficInSight said:
Don't think it'll happen this year unless there's a miracle or the "University Risk Manager" gets hit on the head with something.

maybe next year if NIFA changes the rules for us. I hope.

We're still practicing on our own dime in case something amazing happens.

Okay guys, gotta fill me in...what did SJSU do?? I've been outta school since December '01, so I've missed a lot of this stuff.

BTW...Toto 1 at SLN...Lmao! :)

Latest resources

Back