Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stay away

Hey PHX, quit encouraging these guys to come back. You guys stay away, this place sucks. At the end of next quarter we'll only have $3.15 billion in cash, and the best management in the industry. Totally terrible, stay where you are.

Dash27 said:
What are your thoughts on the flow through agreement for Piedmont and PSA pilots? Will it ever happen? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel for us?? How long is it going to take for Mainline to recall all of its furloughs?

Doubt it, my guess they will be spun off or sold. It tends to keep the costs down when the regionals have to bid for contracts.

PHXFLYR said:
What about you?

PHXFLYR

I'll be back at some point....doing the J4J thing for now. I unfortunately took the non-sked route in my career transgression, and when the furloughs hit I didn't have any PIC time. Everyone figured 6000hrs of hvy jet time international along with about 1500 320 time, deemed me unqualified. Went back to the nonsked world, but got furloughed twice, and well ended up doing the J4J crap. Soooooo....we'll see.

HPpilot said:
Hey PHX, quit encouraging these guys to come back. You guys stay away, this place sucks. At the end of next quarter we'll only have $3.15 billion in cash, and the best management in the industry. Totally terrible, stay where you are.

Yeah your talking about the same management that just took down a perfectly good company website and replaced it with a slower running site that is harder to access the information you want and is also more difficult (requires more steps) to purchase a ticket.

Yeah real smart management, make it harder for our customer to purchase our product. They might as well make a company website that only has links to JB, SWA and CAL because thats where their driving your pax.

Crzipilot said:
I'll be back at some point....doing the J4J thing for now. I unfortunately took the non-sked route in my career transgression, and when the furloughs hit I didn't have any PIC time. Everyone figured 6000hrs of hvy jet time international along with about 1500 320 time, deemed me unqualified. Went back to the nonsked world, but got furloughed twice, and well ended up doing the J4J crap. Soooooo....we'll see.

Good luck.......

PHXFLYR:cool:

LearLove said:
Yeah your talking about the same management that just took down a perfectly good company website and replaced it with a slower running site that is harder to access the information you want and is also more difficult (requires more steps) to purchase a ticket.

Yeah real smart management, make it harder for our customer to purchase our product. They might as well make a company website that only has links to JB, SWA and CAL because thats where their driving your pax.

Another "commuter airline" expert heard from......(sigh):( Oh,and can you please explain that "furloughed U" status of yours again...in english this time so we can all understand how you became a "U" pilot with never having set foot in a mainline aircraft as a crewmember?

Last edited:
PHXFLYR said:
Another "commuter airline" expert heard from......(sigh):( Oh,and can you please explain that "furloughed U" status of yours again...in english this time so we can all understand how you became a "U" pilot with never having set foot in a mainline aircraft as a crewmember?

hey, how about you f@#$ off. O where was it you came from, MESA? And you have what, something like 2 years sen at AWA - OK there MR. Old Grizzled Expert - whatever.

LearLove said:

Ah yeah, last holiday weekend our load factor was 98%. Just about every takeoff lately we're maxed. Thanks for the info. We'll try harder to drive off our customers, apparently the sites not doing a good enough job.

Latest resources

Back