Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHXFLYR said:
There's only one person acting like a "victim" here ....and thats YOU!! (or is that "U" ?)

No lack of understanding on my part... I know how "U" guys work. It's "All About U",isn't it? Always has,and always will...
PHXFLYR:cool:

PHX,

Not true. Many in your shoes are acting like "victims" of this merger. You with your "poor misfortune" post, Itsallsogood with his whining about lack of upgrades. AWA hiring 80/month? How long do we all suppose that was going to last? What a joke!

Be safe out there. The wild assumptions you've made about people on this forum make me question your abilities to think straight. At the very least, you guys lack empathy. Do your "friends" find that a good quality?

As a west guy, I don't think either side has a corner on the whining market. Of course I can't say that I've talked to a lot of east guys, only about 2 in the last 13 years have even acknowledged my presence anywhere. I'll leave it at that. Lately, though, I have flown with 3 furloughees from '99, and met a couple of others, and they all have been great pilots and nice people. Come to think of it, the east furloughees I just mentioned did not whine or complain about anything at all. Maybe the rest of us on both coasts should follow their lead and shut up now.

BeCareful! said:
PHX,

Not true. Many in your shoes are acting like "victims" of this merger. You with your "poor misfortune" post, Itsallsogood with his whining about lack of upgrades. AWA hiring 80/month? How long do we all suppose that was going to last? What a joke!

Be safe out there. The wild assumptions you've made about people on this forum make me question your abilities to think straight. At the very least, you guys lack empathy. Do your "friends" find that a good quality?

Lack "empathy" ??? You mean, you want us to feel sorry for you ???? Seems like you're the one that has a problem with "thinking straight. Here's a question for you,"Captain". Did you feel sorry for the AWA pilots when they were mired in Chapter 11 back in the early 90's? Uh-huh...didn't think so. How about the UA guys? Delta? NWA? That's what I thought.......

Last edited:
Itsallsogood said:
What do you want we AWA folks to do? We listen to the whinings of the East every day. U lost this....U lost that. We, at AWA, never had it . Stop whining. How about the poor guy with 35 years of senority at U not being able to bump a current employee with only 2 years while non-reving? Yet that same has guy wants his 2 years old grandkid to bump said EMPLOYEE out of a seat and he expects to show up at pust time to do it. How about the council 41 guys whining about the call sign Cactus? Or what about the U guys demanding all the upgrades because they were displaced and have first rights back to thier seat? ITS not the same USAirways anymore. How about the furloghees wanting date of hire, something like 1988 but have perhaps a total of 3 years on the property? The whining just doesn't stop from the EAST.

Now don't you go confusing "Be Careful" with the facts now, young fellla....;)

FR8mastr said:
Yea here is a question for you, what are you talking about? You cant possibly expect someone that has lost his pension, had his pay cut in half, been downgraded, and can look foward to being junior to a guy hired last year to be happy about it. I was only asking that people refrain from rubbing their noses in it. The West guys WILL be the benefactors from this deal as no matter what the arbitrator does the West Will hold most of the senior spots in 10 years. that is not sour grapes its just the way it is. mostly because so many of U pilots are still furloughed. That is just my opinion, we will see who is correct in a few years when we look at the new list. No matter what our individual opinions are, this mess will be sorted out by the arbitrator and there is nothing you, I , or any other guy on this board can do about it. Maybe if we all try to take the high road and stop slamming the other guy or his company this crap will taper off.

On a unrelated note did you used to work for ALG?

I really agree with most of what you say,except for your claim that most of us will hold the senior spots 10 years down the road. You guys think we just parked our skateboards yesterday when the reality is must of us are in our late 40's,early 50's . So to say that most of us will hold the "senior slots" as you like to call them, I really don't think so.Regarding "slamming the other guy,or his company" , I think the only way that even has a snowballs chance in hell of happening is if we all find "Be Careful" and put a muzzle on him!!;) His absolute disgust and disdain for anything AWA knows no bounds and I'm beginning to wonder if extends beyond merger related issues. And to answer your last question. No, I didn't work for ALG. How about you?

And by the way, I never asked you to be "happy" with what you lost...just maybe thankful that the bloodletting is over for the time being.I think it's time for all of us to refocus our pent up rage on trying to recoupe what was lost by some and never had by others, together. But from the exchanges I see on this weboard, I guess that's asking too much. Good Night.

Last edited:
FR8mastr said:
While I personally never made that money I can answer #2
The pensions are gone, so its worth nothing and will never kick in!

The stock options are also gone via the 2nd bankruptcy. All that remained is a couple of grand worth. Better than nothing I guess but what can you do with 2 or 3 grand mr. financial genious?

I never had the big house Ref. your point #1

Again why do you guys find it necessary to slam on guys who have already been beaten to a pulp? It serves no purpose and can only create more hostility between the groups. No matter what we will all have to work together at some point in the future.

I don't know...Maybe it has something to do with the petty name calling like "financial genius" in posts like yours ? Regarding pensions,doesn't the PBCG cover the furloughed employees? After all there are quite a few with 10+years senority that lost their jobs.Granted, it isn't much when compared to the pensions that were lost, but for those who never had one,anything is an improvement.

FR8mastr said:
I give up, Airways sucks and Am West is the greatest airline ever.

there, now can we stop?

To be quite honest with you, neither one is any bargain !!!;) Sorta like tie-ing the Lusitania and the Titanic together and hoping they both float

Latest resources

Back