• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
will the feelings observed on these boards ever die? Even after the "merger synergies" are realized? I've seen the U/PI battles rage on years after their merger....how many years will this go on?

In addition, will it carry over to the other employee groups....F/A's...mechanics....gate agents....etc.....our group vs. their group.

Just remember this....the traveling public really doesn't care....

Tejas

BeCareful! said:
In real life you'd get your a$$ kicked for talking like that. You're sounding a lot more whiney than anyone else here. I'll bet your a poolie, still at the commuters and crying in your Cherrios every morning. Buck up, son....maybe your carrier will sign a flow thru agreement. I doubt with your piss poor attitude you'd actually get hired at a major. Well, maybe AWA, but they aren't around anymore :)

Yes we are...we just have the poor misfourtune of having to call ourselves USAir.....How's life at the "F Gates" been treating you "Captain"? Make any new friends at PSA with that attitude?:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHX, that "poor misfortune" is going to pay off for you big time in the long run. Acting any different only shows your lack of understanding. My guess is that you know it but it's just more fun to act like your a victim here on the Internet.

Not sure about the F gates these days, as AWAC does the bulk of the PHL flying these days. As for my friends, yes, thanks for asking. I have life long friends from every carrier I've worked at.

I guess it's the continual jab from Itsallsogood, aimed at me and my friends, that's gotten me a bit pissed off. Whining? He can call it that, but it's an Ann Coulter-style dismissal of our very real and unfair position. She makes me sick, and so does he. I'm quite sure that makes you both smile.

In the end, I'm sure you guys will be the big winners here, so.....congrats.

Itsallsogood said:
Let's see AWA was hiring 80 a month 16 months ago.... That has stopped with this aquiring of the broke U. Upgrades were the same. You say 500 lost.... I say 960 upgrades lost here at AWA. Want to whine some more?

This is the exact kind of post that gets east blood boiling. I dont care what anyones opinion of who saved who is. The bottom line is you are complaining about how your upgrades are not to your liking while there are thousands of east pilots on the street and thousands more that have been downgraded and lost half their pay as well.
I know the misfortunes in the East are not the fault of the West in any way, but for crying out loud complaining that your upgrades have stopped is not going to sit well with a guy who has 15 years at U and will probably end up being junior to you. The arbitrator will hose the East in due course, why cant you guys just let it at that, and quit rubbing salt in the fresh wounds.

Last edited:
Everytime I get a U guy to cry me a river about his woes I ask three questions:

1. What did you do with the money? During the 90's every U F/O made more than any AWA captain.

2. How much is you pension worth and when does it kick -in, we do not have a pension at AWA.

3. Tell me about your stock options, we have none at AWA.

I guess it is tough to go back to the small house after the big house, while at AWA all we ever had was a big cardboard box.

Carl S. said:
Everytime I get a U guy to cry me a river about his woes I ask three questions:

1. What did you do with the money? During the 90's every U F/O made more than any AWA captain.

2. How much is you pension worth and when does it kick -in, we do not have a pension at AWA.

3. Tell me about your stock options, we have none at AWA.

I guess it is tough to go back to the small house after the big house, while at AWA all we ever had was a big cardboard box.

While I personally never made that money I can answer #2
The pensions are gone, so its worth nothing and will never kick in!

The stock options are also gone via the 2nd bankruptcy. All that remained is a couple of grand worth. Better than nothing I guess but what can you do with 2 or 3 grand mr. financial genious?

I never had the big house Ref. your point #1

Again why do you guys find it necessary to slam on guys who have already been beaten to a pulp? It serves no purpose and can only create more hostility between the groups. No matter what we will all have to work together at some point in the future.

FR8mastr said:
While I personally never made that money I can answer #2
The pensions are gone, so its worth nothing and will never kick in!

The stock options are also gone via the 2nd bankruptcy. All that remained is a couple of grand worth. Better than nothing I guess but what can you do with 2 or 3 grand mr. financial genious?

I never had the big house Ref. your point #1

Again why do you guys find it necessary to slam on guys who have already been beaten to a pulp? It serves no purpose and can only create more hostility between the groups. No matter what we will all have to work together at some point in the future.

I agree with what you are saying , but how do you explain people like "Be Careful" who thinks the only one who will benefit from this "flusterkluck" is the average AWA pilot? Seems to me the only one who will benefit from this is the average USAir pilot. After all,unless your furloughed,you're still working and doing something you at one time enjoyed,are you not? And if you're not exactly thrilled with the money your making,well guess what...?? Neither are we !! As long as he (and unfortunatly many others over there) keep shootin' off their mouths, we will respond. Any other questions?

PHXFLYR :cool:

Last edited:
BeCareful! said:
PHX, that "poor misfortune" is going to pay off for you big time in the long run. Acting any different only shows your lack of understanding. My guess is that you know it but it's just more fun to act like your a victim here on the Internet.

Not sure about the F gates these days, as AWAC does the bulk of the PHL flying these days. As for my friends, yes, thanks for asking. I have life long friends from every carrier I've worked at.

I guess it's the continual jab from Itsallsogood, aimed at me and my friends, that's gotten me a bit pissed off. Whining? He can call it that, but it's an Ann Coulter-style dismissal of our very real and unfair position. She makes me sick, and so does he. I'm quite sure that makes you both smile.

In the end, I'm sure you guys will be the big winners here, so.....congrats.

There's only one person acting like a "victim" here ....and thats YOU!! (or is that "U" ?)

No lack of understanding on my part... I know how "U" guys work. It's "All About U",isn't it? Always has,and always will... On a lighter note,nice to hear your making new "friends" at PSA, which is more than I can say about how you've doing in that regard on this webboard,,,,:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

PHXFLYR said:
I agree with what you are saying , but how do you explain people like "Be Careful" who thinks the only one who will benefit from this "flusterkluck" is the average AWA pilot? Seems to me the only one who will benefit from this is the average USAir pilot. After all,unless your furloughed,you're still working and doing something you at one time enjoyed,are you not? And if you're not exactly thrilled with the money your making,well guess what...?? Neither are we !! As long as he (and unfortunatly many others over there) keep shootin' off their mouths, we will respond. Any other questions?

PHXFLYR :cool:

Yea here is a question for you, what are you talking about? You cant possibly expect someone that has lost his pension, had his pay cut in half, been downgraded, and can look foward to being junior to a guy hired last year to be happy about it. I was only asking that people refrain from rubbing their noses in it. The West guys WILL be the benefactors from this deal as no matter what the arbitrator does the West Will hold most of the senior spots in 10 years. that is not sour grapes its just the way it is. mostly because so many of U pilots are still furloughed. That is just my opinion, we will see who is correct in a few years when we look at the new list. No matter what our individual opinions are, this mess will be sorted out by the arbitrator and there is nothing you, I , or any other guy on this board can do about it. Maybe if we all try to take the high road and stop slamming the other guy or his company this crap will taper off.

On a unrelated note did you used to work for ALG?

What do you want we AWA folks to do? We listen to the whinings of the East every day. U lost this....U lost that. We, at AWA, never had it . Stop whining. How about the poor guy with 35 years of senority at U not being able to bump a current employee with only 2 years while non-reving? Yet that same has guy wants his 2 years old grandkid to bump said EMPLOYEE out of a seat and he expects to show up at pust time to do it. How about the council 41 guys whining about the call sign Cactus? Or what about the U guys demanding all the upgrades because they were displaced and have first rights back to thier seat? ITS not the same USAirways anymore. How about the furloghees wanting date of hire, something like 1988 but have perhaps a total of 3 years on the property? The whining just doesn't stop from the EAST.

Latest resources

Back