• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for US Air and AWA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
U has had the upgrades huh??? Interestingly, U has lost more than 500 positions since the merger was announced. Great for the East side....ya....

What about the new 757 flying and recalls since the merger was completed, doesn't sound too static to me.

Well even when the recalls happened. They had a reduction of like 25 positions. Just they had more leave (60/early/whatever) then they had left, hence the 55 recalls. The bid after the 55 recalls, resulted in the loss of 35 more positions. Which I believe that bid has been rolled over three months now.....dunno....

Also, have to remember, those that are "upgrades" are kinda just going back to the seat they had at one time. There is some movement I believe left and right, as guys changes bases or positions, trying to follow time or lines or something.....

Let's see AWA was hiring 80 a month 16 months ago.... That has stopped with this aquiring of the broke U. Upgrades were the same. You say 500 lost.... I say 960 upgrades lost here at AWA. Want to whine some more?

In real life you'd get your a$$ kicked for talking like that. You're sounding a lot more whiney than anyone else here. I'll bet your a poolie, still at the commuters and crying in your Cherrios every morning. Buck up, son....maybe your carrier will sign a flow thru agreement. I doubt with your piss poor attitude you'd actually get hired at a major. Well, maybe AWA, but they aren't around anymore :)

Dash27 said:
What are your thoughts on the flow through agreement for Piedmont and PSA pilots? Will it ever happen? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel for us?? How long is it going to take for Mainline to recall all of its furloughs?

A light at the end of the tunnel is to get more hours and apply to other airlines.

The flow through mentality was alive and kicking when I was there in '98. Just think, some of the guys you fly with have been crying about flow throughs for at least 8+ years. Typical day in 1998. "I heard we might get a flow through soon. I hope we get rjs too." ........Present day..."What are your thoughts on a flow through? I guess we're not getting the rjs, huh? What about those Dash 8 400s? We'll make up fake write ups and ground these 100's if AWAC gets those 400s!"

On a similar note, some of the bitter 50+ year old dudes are a bad influence on the more junior types. They are "lifers" and bitch and moan for hours about flow throughs, or how they should merge with mainline and have date of hire integration. (true) How do you spell it...dilusional? I guess this sounds like a Dennis Miller rant without all the fancy vocabulary nobody understands. That place made me bitter. Basically, this post reminded me of crew rooms where the crusties would spout garbage, and the junior guys would eat up every word of it.

Actually an ass kicking is perhaps what I deserve but you could never do it. I am on the active AWA list. Perhaps when you kick my ass you can pull up the gear too. And 10 bucks says you know me and I need to buy you a cold one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back