• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for the Southwest guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
last question I promise for the southwest guys, what percent would you say use noise canceling headsets of some sort over just regular telex's....about half? or almost everyone?

Monster,

Probably just under half use the A20 or "some kind of noise cancelling headset" (the Telex is technically noise cancelling, it just isn't very good at it). A handful use the "ear spike" and I'd guess just over half use the Company provided Telex.

Another fan of the A20. Worth every dime.

Someone posted that he liked QC-15 better than A20 because could listen to mp3 while deadheading. Isn't there a plug for A20 to listen to music/movies?

From what I've been told there is a plug for the A20 so you can listen to music. However do you really want to sit in the back with a headset that has a boom mike attached. The U-Fly-Mike allows you to detach the boom mike and just have the headset.

Oh. Gotcha. But sometimes I like to pull out pilot stuff like a hi chart and my old trusty E6B "whiz wheel" to impress my seat mates. Just think of the extra swag with a boom mike? Especially now during heavy migration season with the senior ladies to south Florida ... I'd be killing it!

last question I promise for the southwest guys, what percent would you say use noise canceling headsets of some sort over just regular telex's....about half? or almost everyone?
1/2, but every7 month more and more are buying real noise cancelling technology, not some Walmart inspired headset from Telex.

1/2, but every7 month more and more are buying real noise cancelling technology, not some Walmart inspired headset from Telex.

Are all SWA 737s equipped with the hot microphone ? Does everybody use it, or do you end up having to flip up an earpiece to yell at each other.

Any thoughts, other than the obvious dangers of transmitting your personal theories on workplace coitus over a VHF frequency ..... ?

Are all SWA 737s equipped with the hot microphone ? Does everybody use it, or do you end up having to flip up an earpiece to yell at each other.

Any thoughts, other than the obvious dangers of transmitting your personal theories on workplace coitus over a VHF frequency ..... ?

All of the NGs have a hot intercom switch on the yoke or on the audio panel. The Classics don't right now but there are ways around that.

All of the audio panels fleet wide are being changed out to the one with hot mic capability so they'll all have it soon.

Latest resources

Back