• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for the Southwest guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what I've been told there is a plug for the A20 so you can listen to music. However do you really want to sit in the back with a headset that has a boom mike attached. The U-Fly-Mike allows you to detach the boom mike and just have the headset.

Boom and the cords- cumbersome
I'd live with it though, but it automatically shuts off every 5-10 minutes if the cords arent plugged in to save battery life if you pack it up without turning it off or the button gets pressed while in the bag I suppose.
So it really doesn't work in the back unless you want to keep turning it on every 5 minutes or SOS

-300's
"Can we get some stir sticks?"

Bc I'd never remember bands- life somebody's a stickler then I've gotten real used to just using the bottom toggle on the yoke trigger- works great just press the right direction-

I don't go without noise canceling with even the most grizzled senior dude with an ear piece - don't even need to make my case anymore - if they want to talk to me they need to use the inter phone- it's not a turboprop, but I flew those enough and expose my ears to enough not to subject them to a really loud jet. Which the 73 definitely is

Are all SWA 737s equipped with the hot microphone ? Does everybody use it, or do you end up having to flip up an earpiece to yell at each other.

Any thoughts, other than the obvious dangers of transmitting your personal theories on workplace coitus over a VHF frequency ..... ?
Everything has a risk/reward. Talk about hoochy mama's and transmit it to the world, your dumb, one technique when talking shizzle is to come off the VHF transmit and switch to ground service transmit, so if the mikle switch does mess up and try to transmit, your only doing it to yourself. Yes, you do make a few dead calls, but learn fast to reselect VHF1/2.

We had trouble getting the old codgers to use RNAV when that came to life, but they realized at every checkride they had to show some level of skill, they adapted. Same for headsets, for years nobody in the left seat came off the earspike (free), then they started to lose their hearing, now 1/2 use the telex (still free) 1/4 use a superior headset, the rest will never learn but will be satisfied to know the medical plan pays for hearing aids.

Flip an earphone to hear the other guy? I used too, now never, If he can't talk above the din, I'm not hearing him, they learn quick to speak louder. Those folks are very rare, 1 in 50 maybe. Although, I can hear even the most soft of the pilot whisperers out there with the A20.

Everything has a risk/reward. Talk about hoochy mama's and transmit it to the world, your dumb, one technique when talking shizzle is to come off the VHF transmit and switch to ground service transmit, so if the mikle switch does mess up and try to transmit, your only doing it to yourself. Yes, you do make a few dead calls, but learn fast to reselect VHF1/2.

We had trouble getting the old codgers to use RNAV when that came to life, but they realized at every checkride they had to show some level of skill, they adapted. Same for headsets, for years nobody in the left seat came off the earspike (free), then they started to lose their hearing, now 1/2 use the telex (still free) 1/4 use a superior headset, the rest will never learn but will be satisfied to know the medical plan pays for hearing aids.

Flip an earphone to hear the other guy? I used too, now never, If he can't talk above the din, I'm not hearing him, they learn quick to speak louder. Those folks are very rare, 1 in 50 maybe. Although, I can hear even the most soft of the pilot whisperers out there with the A20.

Thanks J41 and Darth,

I've been using noise canceling for years. Big fan.

What about the use of sunglasses with the A20 or QC15? I have a pair of Oakleys I wear, and I was wondering if they will interfere with the these headsets or make wearing them uncomfortable?

It won't seal well
I just put the sunglasses arms up over the ear cups. Works fine
Even metal rimmed sunglasses - if they do seal alright - leaves that line down each side of your head as they've been pressed in all day flying

Vanilla ice look a likes

Last edited:
Has anyone used or gotten any feedback on the new DC Pro-X ENC? It looks good, especially for the money and it is TSO'd.

How about Clarity Aloft? I flew with a Quiet Technologies Halo when I was 91 corporate and loved it - Clarity Aloft seems like the next best thing if it has to be TSO.

(Bald on top and most clamp headsets hurt my delicate melon)

What about the use of sunglasses with the A20 or QC15? I have a pair of Oakleys I wear, and I was wondering if they will interfere with the these headsets or make wearing them uncomfortable?
Get glasses with very thin arms. Not surprisingly, Ray Ban aviators work good. For night I use prescription glasses which have a very thin arm, no problem with noise leaks.

Latest resources

Back