• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for the Southwest guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone use David Clark's at SW? Don't be jealous or hate but my DC has gel ear seals and a furry headband.

Telex 850 is provided to pilot during new hire training. There is no headsets in airplane except for telex ear spike for backup in sealed bags.

You could try going to the Bose shop and ask them what the upgrade cost would be, I know they change older QC 2 (just headphones) for a new model QC15 at $100. Some models had problems and they will replace out of warranty units with new ones and a lower cost. May be worth the try

Was in the same boat -
Had the 10, needed some work. Will be an Fo, don't commute. Considered fixing up the 10, UFM, then got so many good reviews on the 20 added that in- then I got to use one with Bluetooth for a trip -
Done, sold. $82/month for a year interest free. Own a business and have a young family- that Bluetooth is great for calls while setting up the next flight -and easily the best noise reduction and comfort out of the 3. Cord for music too.
Only drawbacks are it's size and can't use it on DHs.
I sold my 10 for $265- not bad for its age.
UFM - lots love it. Few FOs because of the cord position. In the end the quality just isn't great as it's a rigged up headset- I've heard that lots.
I've never regretted getting the 20 -

Was in the same boat -
Had the 10, needed some work. Will be an Fo, don't commute. Considered fixing up the 10, UFM, then got so many good reviews on the 20 added that in- then I got to use one with Bluetooth for a trip -
Done, sold. $82/month for a year interest free. Own a business and have a young family- that Bluetooth is great for calls while setting up the next flight -and easily the best noise reduction and comfort out of the 3. Cord for music too.
Only drawbacks are it's size and can't use it on DHs.
I sold my 10 for $265- not bad for its age.
UFM - lots love it. Few FOs because of the cord position. In the end the quality just isn't great as it's a rigged up headset- I've heard that lots.
I've never regretted getting the 20 -

you mean the Bose a20's aviation headset correct

Last edited:
Per SWAPA Safety email the Bose 15% discount program is available for the A20 again through January.

Latest resources

Back