Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Monster Buck

Go bigger or die trying!
For the Southwest guys if you had a Bose aviation 10 headset would you use that or go get a quiet comfort 15 with the you fly Mike, which would be better to use on the 737. Thx I already have the Bose 10 but it needs a new mic down cord which will cost $125 so I thought instead of fixing it just going to get the quiet comfort.

Both are good at noise reduction. I have the A20 and I'd say it's probably a little better than that QC2/UFM, and you have the MP3 port with the A20. That being said, we have guys that like the QC2 for two reasons. The first is lower cost, and the second is being able to use it in the back on commutes.

If you don't commute then that really doesn't play a factor. Comes down to personal preference(cost) and needs (commuting/DH).

PS- the A20 is bulky to carry around, but again personal preference.

I had/have all three. Each has it's benefits drawbacks. Hands down A20, it's lighter than X, and much better noise cancelling which is hard to believe. Next in line is Bose X, exceeds the QC in quieting, but heavier than a QC, since I wore a helmet for 20yrs, the Bose X is very light to me.

I'd spend the dough and fix the X. Heck private message me, I may be able to help.

If you already have a QC, that works fine too, although I was not a fan of the mike being so short, always on the left (as a 10-20yr FO an issue...), and was not easy to keep it out of the way, it's not on a hinge, you just move the rubber arm, the X and A20 are hinged for easier movement.

Last edited:
An F/O I flew with let me try his A20 before I bought my QC15. The A20 is quieter than the QC15 but not enough to make me pay the extra money. Plus as a commuter I enjoy sitting in the back with the QC15 on and listening to my MP3.

thanks guys, I plan on being on the 737 for a long while. It would cost me 125 to fix my Bose X and about 450 to go get a QC15 with mic. I don't mind spending the money if the QC is much more comfortable, especially on long flights. When in the back I read and use ear buds for music so the only use I have is on the flight deck. I think both would be fine for noise cancelling but it comes down to " is the QC a big improvement on comfort or not that much". thanks again

Latest resources

Back