• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question For The Navy Folks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I served with just as much pride as anyone in uniform there McFly.

That wasn't my point there, McCan'tReadWell.

I pointed out the difference between what YOU posted, and what Puck posted. I think there's a difference and I think it matters. You appear to be a little threatened by that difference. I think that's entertaining.

I see you flew "fighters"- would you have signed up to be a grunt if you couldn't be a superfantastic fighter pilot?

Yes. I was an infantry officer too. 1stBn-7thMar. That puts me in the category as Puck...those who sign-on to be warriors.

Oh, the other big difference is that Navy patrol pilots have much bigger wallets- from all the per diem ya know.

FYI, Rockefeller...I'da paid them to be a Marine!

Now isn't there an ALPA bake sale you need to get ready for?

Yes, we're selling cupcakes and remedial reading textbooks for Squids who can't read for comprehension. I can get you a discount if you can prove you don't wear velcro shoelaces.

I didn't. They did. I asked you to "Note" it.

I guess you didn't read what each of them posted.

Oh-Ryan told us: "That's all well and good, but I joined to be a pilot. Period."

Puck told us: "I wanted to serve my country first and foremost. Everything else was a bonus......."

Lemme know when you figure out the difference.

You're right I didn't read either that closely.

Last edited:
So why didn't you quit when you got P-3's? Your logic doesn't make sense. A fighter RIO/WSO blows up far more than a P-3 pilot, yet you'd have quit if put in that job?

Ya....still scratching my head on that??? First it was I want to serve my country as a military pilot, than it's....I want to serve my country for all that per diem????

Confused????????

That wasn't my point there, McCan'tReadWell.

I pointed out the difference between what YOU posted, and what Puck posted. I think there's a difference and I think it matters. You appear to be a little threatened by that difference. I think that's entertaining.

Yes. I was an infantry officer too. 1stBn-7thMar. That puts me in the category as Puck...those who sign-on to be warriors.

FYI, Rockefeller...I'da paid them to be a Marine!

Yes, we're selling cupcakes and remedial reading textbooks for Squids who can't read for comprehension. I can get you a discount if you can prove you don't wear velcro shoelaces.
Textbooks are stupid. I like how you capitalized "Squids"- shows respect. My shoes don't have velcro shoelaces either. Those can be just as complicated as regular laces. They have elastic bands so they just stretch over my foot. If you want to see what they look like check under your mother's bed. I think I left a pair there the other night. Who doesn't love a good mother crack? Did you think it was just as "entertaining" as my first response to you? I am pretty darn funny.

Maybe you should take some reading comprehension as well. I was replying to Puck who basically told Joey that you join the military to serve first and then be a pilot. I disagree. I joined to be a pilot (a military pilot). Most of the other pilots (both round and pointy nose) I came across had the same mindset. Being a FO, grunt, SWO whatever was not what they wanted to do. I commend you for being in the trenches before taking to the skies, but for most that is not the case. Many are military pilots because that is what they "wanted to be when they grow up". Does that make them bad officers? I don't think so. Here is the tricky part- I kinda agree with Puck in that you must have a desire to serve in order to be a military pilot otherwise you will never be able to cope with some of the sh!t sandwiches you are forced to eat during your tenure. I had that desire. I had it for 11 years, but when my time in the cockpit was coming to an end, the desire to continue to serve and eat the sh!t sandwiches dwindled. I left. I am a better off and so is the navy. I am a better person because of my service and I would like to think that the navy benefited from my service. I still fly and I still wear a government uniform cause I love to fly and I still have the desire to serve.

I think it was clear that Joey too wanted to be a pilot and when that didn't work out he quit. I don't blame him. I (and many others) would have done the same thing.

Love,
Daddy Rockefeller

For Gup- true a fighter RIO/WSO may pickle off more stuff than a P-3 guy (most TACAIR FOs do), but he is still a RIO/WSO. I wanted to fly AND (not or) blow sh!t up. A RIO/WSO only blows sh!t up.

Last edited:
Ya....still scratching my head on that??? First it was I want to serve my country as a military pilot, than it's....I want to serve my country for all that per diem????

Confused????????

Humor and sarcasm bro. I'll work on it.

All I was saying was that a comment like "kick you back to the regionals" as you sit in your 10k a month 747 job was a little harsh, considering he came to this board with more than enough humility.

Maybe that was a little harsh, drunk talk. I apologize for that. However, I think we both agree that Joey doesn't stand a chance, not only because the Navy won't take him, but if they did he would be looked down upon from all NFO's and most single anchor guys.

BTW, I put my 20 in as an enlisted seaman and officer, did 3 tours over in the sand. I deserve the 74 job. Come on over, we're hiring like mad.

Let's get over the BS pointy nose, who gets more per-diem, and who's the bigger bada$$ crap. We only make ourself's look like idiots. ANYONE who has put in anytime serving our great country deserves much respect.

Last edited:
Maybe that was a little harsh, drunk talk. I apologize for that. However, I think we both agree that Joey doesn't stand a chance, not only because the Navy won't take him, but if they did he would be looked down upon from all NFO's and most single anchor guys.

BTW, I put my 20 in as an enlisted seaman and officer, did 3 tours over in the sand. I deserve the 74 job. Come on over, we're hiring like mad.

Let's get over the BS pointy nose, who gets more per-diem, and who's the bigger bada$$ crap. We only make ourself's look like idiots. ANYONE who has put in anytime serving our great country deserves much respect.

You said seaman.

Latest resources

Back