Question for ASA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you seen ORD (and just about every available alternate for ORD) today? :D

How many planes on your desk is in and out of the ORD airport? Surely not your entire fleet. I agree that you guys got some crap to deal with. You named the four or five hubs that you guys work with, and some of those airports can go in the crap. But honestly I would rather have that then every single flight running in and out of 1 airport. I might have a HSV-CVG or something on my desk, but other then that everything is either to/from ATL. And when ATL is in the can, or we have grd delay, or EDTC times, or miles in trail then it calls for a long day. I used to love the days when we had two hubs of DFW and ATL...at least you knew then that you were going to get a break every now and then if 1 of those two airports were in the clear. Plus if DFW was getting hammered the crews couldn't call in on the flight control freq and prolong your day..haha Which also made your job little easier. If ORD is in the can today..imagine that your are on the ORD airport property, your entire fllet of a/c dept or arrive there. With all that being said, all your a/c are just one click away on the radio of being able to call in for answers...thats what we got when ATL is in the can..

Yea I wander sometimes back when we had DFW and ATL how the DFW crews could handle things without talking to Dispatch on 131.15... LOL.. I mean I hate the damn freq. it needs to go by by and use ACARS and delta radio.. oops I think I have the thread started already somewhere else...lol....Also I would agree with ASADX that for most of the time not every single hub is going to have crap wx. so at least you get a break dispatching that hub.. of course it may happen from time to time but not all the time.. having one hub that gets hammered suxs...

How many planes on your desk is in and out of the ORD airport? Surely not your entire fleet. I agree that you guys got some crap to deal with. You named the four or five hubs that you guys work with, and some of those airports can go in the crap. But honestly I would rather have that then every single flight running in and out of 1 airport. I might have a HSV-CVG or something on my desk, but other then that everything is either to/from ATL. And when ATL is in the can, or we have grd delay, or EDTC times, or miles in trail then it calls for a long day. I used to love the days when we had two hubs of DFW and ATL...at least you knew then that you were going to get a break every now and then if 1 of those two airports were in the clear. Plus if DFW was getting hammered the crews couldn't call in on the flight control freq and prolong your day..haha Which also made your job little easier. If ORD is in the can today..imagine that your are on the ORD airport property, your entire fllet of a/c dept or arrive there. With all that being said, all your a/c are just one click away on the radio of being able to call in for answers...thats what we got when ATL is in the can..

Blah, blah, blah, MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS, blah blah blah.....

This whole argument is getting stupid. I hope all the pilots reading this thread are getting a good laugh..i dont see any other value in it!

Blah, blah, blah, MINES BIGGER THAN YOURS, blah blah blah.....

This whole argument is getting stupid. I hope all the pilots reading this thread are getting a good laugh..i dont see any other value in it!
Holy crap...we are slowly starting to sound like "them". Only a little less dramatic and whiney.

Yea I wander sometimes back when we had DFW and ATL how the DFW crews could handle things without talking to Dispatch on 131.15... LOL..

Two reasons..
1. ASA didn't have all the cry babies that they do now. They knew how to improvise on their own two feet.

2. A great group of pilots with good Chief Pilots.

Latest resources

Back