• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for ASA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummm...dude...calm down. I'm not entirely sure why you decided to go nuts here but, seriously, breathe. 10nClr was defending our workgroup as a whole...

Not ripping on you personally or anything but, in the spirit of fairness...
  • 3 codeshares...3 separate sets of challenges.
  • 118 more aircraft
  • Almost 1,000 more flights per day to every corner of the U.S.
  • At last check ORD and SFO were real airports with weather issues
I dare say we run a slightly more intricate operation...so don't sit there and act as though we are clueless. I think we might know a little something about hub meltdowns (more than one at a time, too), tons of swaps on our desks, etc. And most of us here HAVE worked the airport operations side of things in one capacity or another for one airline or another prior to getting into dispatch...so, quite frankly, the majority of us over here have walked in your shoes to a certain extent.

Breathe, bro. It's nothing personal, but I will defend my coworkers and the work we do above all. I know you guys get your tails kicked on a daily basis trying to piece together the puzzle...we all do. But just because Mother Delta isn't kicking us in the teeth everyday the way she does you guys doesn't mean we don't know what it's like trying to keep it all together. We have Daddy United in ORD and SFO to do that...on top of being at the mercy of Mother Delta and the Cookie Palace.

And, if you really want to drag this argument out, lets take it to the dispatcher forum because that IS why it's there.

Yo Walter, thanks for keeping it real. I think we fly out of 5 real hubs (LAX, SFO, SLC, DEN, ORD) and 2 fake ones (MKE and ATL) right? I agree, lets go to the dispatch forum. buscap, at first I thought he was a pilot.....Just kidding...LOL
oops, I forgot MCI and PDX/SEA. Oh and here comes the snow into SLC this morning, again.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. That term was used over 20 years ago.

PC would be...
friend,
co-worker,
buddy,
associate
and for you west coast people, ERs too, DUDE!

Okay then. What do they call it then in the Inter-mountain west. Huh?

Last edited:
I'm sorry. That term was used over 20 years ago.

PC would be...
friend,
co-worker,
buddy,
associate
and for you west coast people, ERs too, DUDE!
I started using it again after the "Don't taze me, bro!" incident. Don't ask me why, it just stuck in my head.

Well if you don't work in Atlanta for ASA on the dispatch side then squash that. Skywest cant compare to a/c rotations, hub cluster #$$%@, and swaps on your desk. Don't sit back there and act like you have walked in my shoes buddy, b/c I promise you haven't. Come work in a real airport one day with some weather and then get your wings.
I still don't understand what your point is. I was simply backing up what you said earlier "sometime looking a the plot one can see if aircrafts are tagged for mtc. Even if it's not tagged by swapping it may run two flights late. So would you rather run two flights late or one? "I just tried to convey to some people why swaps have to be done, etc. I never said that your airport is bigger and badder than my airports. I never said I have walked in your shoes, wouldn't want to and it sounds like you wouldn't be my buddy either. I tried. To be fair, I also believe SFO gets a marine layer almost daily, LAX has its ups and downs, SLC/DEN get a hell of alot more snow than ATL and the last I checked ORD is a real airport too which has an absolute ridiculus rwy config. Combine that with certain fair wx conditions and you will have a GDP. So fog/low ceilings on the west coast, snow in the inter-mountain west and wind/snow/rain in ORD and everything in between can cause considerable cluster #$$%@, especially when an airport closes for 2 days, like it did last year in DEN. Ponder that one for awhile. Can you say cluster fv<K! So don't come at me with words like "Come work in a real airport one day with some weather and then get your wings" because you have know idea where and in what conditions I have worked in. You started the rant while I was only defending our workgroup as a whole regarding swaps.
See you in the Dispatch forum........Hopefully you will play nicer.

I think everyone has somewhat of a handle on how things at ASA works but I think it's pretty bad though when a sector manager gets power hungry and doesn't care about the pax and still makes the crew swap to another aircraft. I mean if the aircraft is fixed and they are ready to go then let it go. I don't remember anything about the plot having to be correct in order for the flight to leave. As long as MTC says it's airworthy and me and the CAPT. agree then I think I will let the flight leave on time and just deal with what ever wrath comes my way. Sometimes a Dispatcher needs to stand up and be heard and do the right thing. My fellow co-worker is tired as well as I am of the power hungry sector manages who have egos and just don't care about the pax.

I think everyone has somewhat of a handle on how things at ASA works but I think it's pretty bad though when a sector manager gets power hungry and doesn't care about the pax and still makes the crew swap to another aircraft. I mean if the aircraft is fixed and they are ready to go then let it go. I don't remember anything about the plot having to be correct in order for the flight to leave. As long as MTC says it's airworthy and me and the CAPT. agree then I think I will let the flight leave on time and just deal with what ever wrath comes my way. Sometimes a Dispatcher needs to stand up and be heard and do the right thing. My fellow co-worker is tired as well as I am of the power hungry sector manages who have egos and just don't care about the pax.

That's exactly what i was saying..my post did not come off in any sort of rant. The post started for "ASA Pilots" not skywest dispatchers. Just b/c things are flowing nice on your end of the spectrum, doesnt mean its that way everywhere. If you defend your sector managers on their decisions to swap, then that is kool...sounds like you might have some
pretty decent managers over there. See if any of them want to come on over and work with us..haha. All I was doing conveying to our crews, the type of ppl we have in our managment department making the swaps..I just quoted the last message on the board in that indivdual topic...nothing was directed at anyone in your company.

Latest resources

Back