• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

question for all your ultra cool RJ capts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the time when I fly with an FO that has a thick head of hair with no sign of baldness in his future regardless of the hairstyle, I think "lucky b**tard". Oh well, at least I never have to worry whether or not my hair looks good.

What about afros? I personally rock out a big fat afro like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

I have had a problem in the past with my afro shine getting on my epaulets, the company now makes me wear a clear plastic bag over it when I fly.

I don't know about you guys but I don't know what anybody's haircut looks like at my airline b/c we all wear our hats just like we are supposed to.....even in the cockpit....with my headset on over the hat!

Nindiri said:
It's not necessarily the spiked hair haircut, it's the "know it all" attitude that often goes with it. It's not fair to stereotype everyone based on it, but it happens.

Agreed! A lot of these types with the spiked hair are the same ones in the terminal wearing the Oakleys on top of their head, listening to their Ipods, and "working" on their Blackberries then b!tchin' because they have no money. And I will agree that not everyone who wears his hair that way is full of attitude.

As for my hair, because I know everyone is wondering, I use a water based spray gel and gently push the top back and to the sides and have the barber (that's right a BARBER not a stylist) use a number 2 on his electric trimmer for the sides and back. :laugh:

My barber summed it up best when he officially stopped calling my bald spot an "expanding collick" (must have been the tips) and said "Son, just be happy you've lived long enough to lose it."

I feel that I have the new industry standard haircut. But I guess some people have a problem with that. I have a major calic that only allows for me to spike my hair in the front. If I could, I would wear my hair a little more conservative, but I am forced into having a kicka$$ head of hair instead!!!

do you people really give a rats ass about spiked hair....
you guys that refuse to wear gel do you also refuse to take a shower in the morning and put on deodorant?

wahoo250 said:
do you people really give a rats ass about spiked hair....
you guys that refuse to wear gel do you also refuse to take a shower in the morning and put on deodorant?

Jeez. I didn't realize hair product fell into the same grooming category as showers and deodorant. I never thought of it as refusing to wear gel. It never really occurred to me to wear gel.

But you know that commercial with all the ladies humping the drain pipe really makes me want to try out that Axe stuff, though I'm not sure what it is for. But it is apparently what "dirty boys use to get clean."

ReverseSensing said:
Jeez. I didn't realize hair product fell into the same grooming category as showers and deodorant. I never thought of it as refusing to wear gel. It never really occurred to me to wear gel.

But you know that commercial with all the ladies humping the drain pipe really makes me want to try out that Axe stuff, though I'm not sure what it is for. But it is apparently what "dirty boys use to get clean."

I think Axe is the stuff you spray on your body after 1 leg, 4 hours airport appreciation time, 2 legs, 2 hours more appreciation time, then 1 leg to the overnight. You spray this liberally all over your body then go to the bar, tell as many women as possible that you are a "professional aviator" then end up going back to the hotel with the fat/ugly 75 year old F/A you came with in the first place. :bawling:

Jack Mahogoff said:
I think Axe is the stuff you spray on your body after 1 leg, 4 hours airport appreciation time, 2 legs, 2 hours more appreciation time, then 1 leg to the overnight. You spray this liberally all over your body then go to the bar, tell as many women as possible that you are a "professional aviator" then end up going back to the hotel with the fat/ugly 75 year old F/A you came with in the first place. :bawling:

Dude, that is awesome! I'll finally be gettin' some!

Latest resources

Back