Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jack Mehoff

I PITTY DA FOO!
ok so all of us 20 yr whatever FO's with the "spiked hair"- I see that all you cappys b!tch about the hair styles on here all the time. Can any one of you guys then tell us what is the industry standard haircut we are supposed to have? I really don't get what the big deal is. I do agree that the backpacks have goto go, but I have seen many a Cappys with them too and they are not new!

personally I love all of your hot shot comb-overs! and your 80's wallstreet mullets I see everyday!

Did you wear your hair spiked up for your interview? Would you spike it up for a SWA or Fed Ex Interview?

It's not necessarily the spiked hair haircut, it's the "know it all" attitude that often goes with it. It's not fair to stereotype everyone based on it, but it happens.

sure did, and yes I would. I see where you are going with this and I have had a few SWA and FEDEX jumpseaters with the same cut so point is...

What about this whats more unprofessional? and F/O with spiked hair (with out the PTF superpilot attitude) or a out of shape super gut capt? Not saying we all have to be in olympic shape but some of the cappys I see around the airport and have flown with seem like a heart attack in the making. Do you hear us constantly whining about that like you guys do about our hair?

Last edited:
DetoXJ said:
Did you wear your hair spiked up for your interview?

Of course he didn't. He wanted the job. Now that he has it, he could give a rat's ass what anyone thinks.

If you're putting anything in your hair besides a comb, you're probably an insecure, immature putz; unless you're old, and the Dapper Dan Hair Grease keeps the 42 strands neatly separated across, and stuck to, your shiny pate.

There: I've officially spent more time thinking about hairstyles in this one post than in my entire life.

Flamebait. His profile sums up his maturity. Just some lowtime wanna-be. Prob. just graduated UND or ERAU and is still going through his 90210 phase.

I think the young guy with the spiked/gelled hair looks much better for the profession than the classic fat guy with the tie that only goes half way down the belly, and the high water pants that make it to just about the top of the ankles, polished off with a nice comb-over and some grease stains. Some of these individuals dress so bad they wouldn't make it two months in a Radio Shack let alone the corporate world. Seems like those are the ones who protest so loudly over the gelled hair guys with ipods.

There is nothing wrong with looking stylish. Look at young lawyers, bankers, traders, etc these days; they all dress well and definitely don't get their hair cut at Super Cuts. I never understood why so many pilots seem to take their fashion cues from WalMart. We are supposed to be worldly, professional individuals. right???

I used to wear gel in my hair and have it semi-spiked. It looked good for all occasions and also looked quite formal when slightly toned down and coupled with a suit. I also wore it that way for my interview.

I just recently switched to a more traditional no gel style, mainly because I believe it is pointless to use while having to wear a hat all day. I can see both sides of the argument here, and I believe there is nothing wrong with wearing your uniform with style.

I am also an ERAU grad and hope that is not how you view all of us. It's true there are some third generation pilot "Riddle Hot Shots" that seem to give every grad from my school a bad name. I just hope that people realize we aren't all like that.

DetoXJ said:
Flamebait. His profile sums up his maturity. Just some lowtime wanna-be. Prob. just graduated UND or ERAU and is still going through his 90210 phase.

Yeah, as we all know, grads of ERAU and/or UND all have spiked hair and aren't worthy of a pilot's seat. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back