• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for AirTran Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirTran has ZERO pilots on furlough. All furloughees were recalled months ago...way before the SWA merger was announced.

buzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! You lose.

You do have pilots currently on furlough. If you dont believe me look at the official seniority list. I've got a buddy who is furloughed right now.

I'd say there is a high probability that guys that passed recall are ********************ting their britches right now.

Gup

What's the Truth?

buzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!! You lose.

You do have pilots currently on furlough. If you dont believe me look at the official seniority list. I've got a buddy who is furloughed right now.

So what the hell is the truth? I'm trying to have a discussion w/ my SWA Captain buddy ('93 hire) about the relative strengths and expectations of each plot group. This is a simple question: Did AirTran have pilots on furlough when the merger was anounced. If they didn't have pilots on furlough were they hiring? I don't see how you can have pilots on furlough and be hiring at the same time

Did you get a look at the books? What did they look like? They must have been bad if you guys bailed on the F9 deal. How were the meetings between management? Did you guys have shrimp cocktail at lunch? Did you and the other managers fly a corp. jet or mainline? Man...there are so many questions you guys can answer.........cant wait to work with ya!

Really? That's what you have?

There never was going to be a deal. We didn't bail on anything, we got a look at the competitors books for free. Get it now?

So what the hell is the truth? I'm trying to have a discussion w/ my SWA Captain buddy ('93 hire) about the relative strengths and expectations of each plot group. This is a simple question: Did AirTran have pilots on furlough when the merger was anounced. If they didn't have pilots on furlough were they hiring? I don't see how you can have pilots on furlough and be hiring at the same time

I think it might depend on the furlough section of the Airtran contract. Some unions allow you to defer recall up until a certain date. So yes, you could have deferred recalls and new hires. Not sure about how the Airtran contract is set up.

My seniority list shows 21 guys have still not accepted recall from furlough. All have been offered recall. 169 pilots were furloughed in 2008. Zero new hires in 2009, 82 new hires in 2010, through Sept.

Airtran had a Febuary and March 2010 New Hire class. That should conclude the furlough question. You can't have newhires with furloughs unless the furlough bypassed. Not hard to put this together people.

Airtran also had a Sept. 2010 pre 27th class... Has just started another class either late Oct. or Early Nov. Not sure about the exact date.

20ish a class. Hope that helps you all piss on eachother for another 12 pages.

We did have a few pilots who voluntarily bypassed furlough recall

I know of someone that recently passed on recall, something about a $25,000 bonus at his current employer - that he needs to get. Seems CRAZY to me, since he might have just won the lottery.

The bottom line issue/facts are:

SWA has no one on furlough of any type.
SWA has not "hired" anyone for quite a while (since 2008/9)

AirTran has no on a forced furlough (bypass yes, but no one has been forced since all have been recalled at least once).
AirTran has hired pilots in 2010.

If someone bypasses furlough IAW his CBA, then for any merger process, he should be consider on LOA/Present for duty, and not on furlough. The idea that AirTran has pilots on Furlough while SWA does not is absurb and narrow minded. It has an obvious adjenda; to try and lower AirTran pilots exptectations in the SLI and maybe used as justification to puts some AirTran pilots on the bottom of the Joint SLI.

If you want to look at a SLI that had pilots still on furlough, then look at DAL/NWA. It is my understanding that both pilot groups on furlough (with recall rights thru their CBA) and that they all kept thier relative senioirity. Delta has even hired new pilots while many furloughed pilost bypassed recall. Personally, this whole discussion is about trying to give an advantage to SWA in the SLI vs a fair integration.

Just my opinion......

FNG

Latest resources

Back