• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question about flowthrough at Compass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes and Gordon Bethune use to sign all the Continental Express checks. We too had a flow through. Now it's just better to be a junior FO with a connection than a Captain with experience. And yeah, why would you want to flow up to NWA anyway? Worst mgt/employee relations of any major.

I do have to admit....who would want to flow to NWA anyway?

I just think this Flow Through is a little different.

Compass doesn't even have their own MEC....they are fully represented by the NWA chapter of ALPA. From what I have heard, the NWA MEC plans on keeping it that way in order to hold a tight leash on Compass.

All of the other Flow Through agreements have gone between MEC's. This seems much more like a "B" scale than anything to me.....

Hi!

If hired at Compass and you eventually flow up:
Do you get your NWA seniority number when you start at Compass, or when you start at NWA proper???

cliff
YIP

Hi!

Do you get your NWA seniority number when you start at Compass, or when you start at NWA proper???

cliff
YIP

Right now it is uncertain if the "flow thru" will ever happen and if it does what the terms are going to be. Whatever happens you can bet that when they chop up the airline and sell the parts to Mesaba (a'la Mid Atlantic) Compass pilots won't have a pot to piss in.

I heard that if you flow up, you get a new NWA seniority number at the bottom and will be at year 1 pay.

If your looking to fly for NW, you'd best get in off the street this fall/winter (maybe??). I'd agree with what most guys on here are saying and thats flow thru's historically have never worked.

BUT, if Compass stays as one entity, it seemingly will be a very good carrier especially with ex Indy guys running flight ops and any NW flight ops involvement.

Hi!

cliff
YIP

[BUT, if Compass stays as one entity, it seemingly will be a very good carrier especially with ex Indy guys running flight ops and any NW flight ops involvement

I guess I don't know which ex Indy guys/gal is running Flight Ops, if you did I doubt that you would be making that statement

Hi!

cliff
YIP
You get your NWA seniority number when you're arrive on the first day of class for northwest airlines mainline. The time spent at compass does not count towards your nwa seniority. Longevity will be accumulated only by mainline furloughed pilots while they work at compass. If you are a compass new hire, you have a 30 month lock before you can go to NWA, however, at that point you will be free to flow up based on seniority. Anyone hired during that 30 month time frame at NWA mainline will have a seniority number hirer than you at the mainline. Is that clear?

Right now it is uncertain if the "flow thru" will ever happen and if it does what the terms are going to be. Whatever happens you can bet that when they chop up the airline and sell the parts to Mesaba (a'la Mid Atlantic) Compass pilots won't have a pot to piss in.

What he said. Chances of Compass remaining owned by NWA in a few years? 0%

For that matter, chances of Mesaba remaining owned by NWA in a few years? 0%

Chances of senior NWA management scoring serious coin on 1 or 2 IPO's? 100%

Latest resources

Back