Question about flowthrough at Compass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

i fly boxes

Here is a scenario for you. Person A gets hired at Compass tomorrow as a captain. Person B gets hired off the street at NWA next year. 2 years from now, Person A wants to flow up to NWA. Who has the better Seniority at NWA, in other words, if you are hired at Compass, are you given a NWA seniority number and/or date. I know that when you start at NWA you make first year pay, but I wasnt sure about the seniority.
thanks

You are locked into compass for 30 months without seniority at mainline until you arrive on the first day of mainline class. So in other words you are better off staying at your current regional then getting hired by mainline. Compass is for FO's at regionals looking to get back to one of the domiciles as captain. Don't go there expecting to get to NWA mainline, it's not going to go very well for you.

The only thing you will "flowthrough" at compass is a big pile of poopy.

Last edited:
Naysayers! History is rife with examples of flowthrough deals which were beneficial and fair to regional pilots. Like uhm...

Naysayers! History is rife with examples of flowthrough deals which were beneficial and fair to regional pilots. Like uhm...

Excellent point. Seriously, though, can anyone name an example of a flow-through/up that actually took place.

The only one that I readily could tell you that ultimately seemed to work is XJT to CAL.

Notice all the disclaimer words I used though like "readily", "ultimately", and "seemed."

Latest resources

Back