• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

QOL at CS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scheduling is certainly our weekest link. But we receive some pretty good $$$$ when they screw up. We are no longer at their whim as it used to be in the past. Thank you Local 1108.

Have me show at an FBO without a plane being there....O. T.

No crew member to pair me up with...O.T.

Sitting around and FBO all day with a good plane and crew....You better get me food.

Want me to work on a Holiday....no problem...$800.

Can't get me home within 14 hours on my last day....pay up and make sure I ge tthe first day of my next tour off.

50%? WHile I agree that scheduling needs much improvement, last year I was only held out maybe 3 times. If it does happen you get overtime pay and your usually on the first flight out the next morning. Scheduling is a weak link but I've been told by a NJ pilot that scheduling is a weak link there as well.

If you have had forced OT three times in one year, then you are one of the lucky ones.

If you have had forced OT three times in one year, then you are one of the lucky ones.

Again Please Explain! Backing your statements up with some examples would be helpful for those of us out here trying to make and informed desision on where to apply CS or NJ....

Just ask any CS guy about their new crew rot program. Should make the choice pretty simple.

With NJ you get FRDA. They better pay you OT or go to the hotel. That's all they get to do. No more crew rot for us. :) How will CS handle it. Time will tell but the Union term is being thrown around a lot.

Even more so than after the payraise they got you.

Enjoy the FBO cookies.

dude, it should be a no brainer about going to NJ vs CS.....NJ all the way. You want to know about the QOL at CS in a few years, talk to any FLOPS pilot and he will tell you how it is. Its only a matter of time before CS pilots become a number on a form.

Since we are comparing CS to NJA I think this fits nicely here (carried over from another thread), some REAL LIFE (me, an NJA pilot) non-speculative info for comparison sake;

For the year 2006 I was on 5th year pay for part of the year and 6th year pay for the rest. My W-2 shows $137k and change. Yes, this included the second 40% of my bonus ($16,000), so that would leave a pre-bonus income of $121k. You can add to that another $6000+ per year for tax-free per-diem (we do not use most of our per-diem here). I suppose that would equate to nearly another $10,000 of gross income if you look at it that way.

So there I am at about $131k of actual pay against what you see on our payscale is $92,250 for a 6yr Captain. I am more than 30% over the payscale.

I do NOT work any extra days. They are available if you want them. I was on duty for 147 days in 2006, 19 of them were training days.

Life is great here in my opinion. Good hotels, good food, I have never exceeded 475 hours a year in 6 years. An average day is 9 to 12 hours of duty time, 3-4 legs, 3-5 flight hours. My overnights average 11-15 hours (we have a minimum of 10 and that starts AT the hotel!)

I earn enough airline miles and hotel points for two NICE free vacations per year.

Recap;
A Union (and all of it's protections) that has PROVEN it's worth over and over again to this pilot group, $130,000+ after 5 years with the company, flew the line 128 days in 2006, every other week is a FULL 7 days off, 3 three-week vacations per year (4 at year 10), another 12 "sick days" per year, full health/dental paid, 50% 401k match, no-fault fatigue policy which generates a mandatory 14 hours of rest, we can NEVER be contacted during rest, the list goes on.

50% percent of the time it's going to be 8 on 6 off. CS scheduling has alot of improvements to make. They just came up with a screwy weekly duty/rest policy/scheme that is already getting people ticked off.

And what can you or any of you pilots do about it???

:confused:

Just ask any CS guy about their new crew rot program. Should make the choice pretty simple.

With NJ you get FRDA. They better pay you OT or go to the hotel. That's all they get to do. No more crew rot for us. :) How will CS handle it. Time will tell but the Union term is being thrown around a lot.

Even more so than after the payraise they got you.

Enjoy the FBO cookies.

You hit the nail on head. everybody thinks that if they talk about it they will be fired. Just catch a cs guy on the road and he will tell you the truth. Don't expect the truth on this board, too many guys want to upgrade.

Recap;
A Union (and all of it's protections) that has PROVEN it's worth over and over again to this pilot group, $130,000+ after 5 years with the company, flew the line 128 days in 2006, every other week is a FULL 7 days off, 3 three-week vacations per year (4 at year 10), another 12 "sick days" per year, full health/dental paid, 50% 401k match, no-fault fatigue policy which generates a mandatory 14 hours of rest, we can NEVER be contacted during rest, the list goes on.

Wow, it sounds better than I thought.

What's Netjets LTD program?

Also at the LAX domicile what airports do they normally have you start out of? Just trying to better estimate the 5-6 hour commute.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back