• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Qatar Airways anyone?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think what someone said rings true, the foreign air carriers are going to scrambling for pilots before too long, so RJ time will probably soon be "good" enough.

I think what someone said rings true, the foreign air carriers are going to scrambling for pilots before too long, so RJ time will probably soon be "good" enough.

It once was "good enough" around '06-'07...all in due time...

Some check airman quoted some stat the other day about the total number of regional pilots relative to the total number of mainline retirements worldwide in the next decade that sounded pretty good to me...

Predictions are just that--and there are other bullets coming our way we'll have to dodge as a profession (MPL, one-man cargo crews, terrorism, etc.)...but if we can get 1500 hours req passed, stave off terrorism and MPL, and at least keep one-man crews on the 30 year range instead of the 10 year range, many of us should still have some decent times ahead...

I'm prob wrong though...

I sure hope so, it would be nice to see some good things happen over here. Its been too long since flying was good in the states.

What cities in the M/E and Asia have you lived in?

fv

"Jetta" was due to going over the Mai Tai limit.

I never lived in the M/E, but I lived in Japan for 7 months. I've got a few friends at EK. They all like it "ok", but they would all take a class at SWA, UPS or FedEx at the first opportunity available.

Hi!

FO pay is about the same as very good regional Capt pay, plus a lot of retirement money (at Emirates...Qatar has NO retirement).
Capt pay is on par with the highest Capt pay in the US (for comparable equipment), with more company money to retirement than in the US.
ALL pilots fly about the same amount, and have about the same amount of days off (seniority doesn't matter overseas anwhere near as much as in the US).

To learn more, go to pprune.org, and take it with a grain of salt! I know guys at both EK and QR who like their jobs...plus it is IMPOSSIBLE for EVERY airline to be the worst possible airline job in the world!!! ONLY ONE can be the WORST...and I think that it's probably Mesa, which is so far removed from a job like KAL/Cathay/EK/QR that they are almost in different universes. Most of the ppruners have never had ANY experience ANYTHING like working at a US regional airline!!!

cliff
LFW

I wouldn't take Mumbai over Dubai...no way.

And it's Jeddah, not Jetta...a Jetta is something that won't start on a wet morning!

Depends on the company contract T&C's. After flying freight out of India, it changed my perspective. It's a fascinating country and you can live like
P-Diddy at the fraction of the cost of Dubai with the right contract. The
Spice Jet and Indigo expats seemed to be enjoying it. Lot's of money is flowing into India and the infrastructure is changing for the better.
Always had a good time partying in Mumbai and Chennai, unlike in Dubai
which will result in personal financial bankruptcy.

Cliff, out of pure morbid curiosity, I ask again what you are doing now and what makes you such an expert on all the issues on this and other boards? How come you are not working for at least an Atlas or World or anyone decent for that matter?

Hi!

With my current job, I am not at home, and sometimes have a lot of time on my hands. I am trying to get a very nice job, so I do a lot of reasearch. I have read EVERY thread on pprune covering Qatar and EK. Lots of guys know a little, or not much about them. I LUV it when someone comes on and gives a long detailed post explaining a BUNCH of stuff about an airline...it helps me decide who to apply to. Not so much when they say "My airline sucks and it is the worst in the world"...especially when you read it over and over and the pilots are from 30 different airlines.

And, maybe I had an interview at a place like Atlas, but I wasn't hired...Why? who knows...but maybe I was the lowest experience guy in my interview group? World has not hired for about 2 1/2 years...they will probably hire at the end of the year.

I have had my app in at Emirates for about two years now...no call so far.

cliff
LFW
PS-U can always skip my posts if you don't want to read them. Have a great day!

Latest resources

Back