Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Miles is a Tool

miles otoole said:
No kidding-especially as the emergencies were flown on owner's aircraft. I wonder how many last minute owner emergencies the company regularly turns down. Were the owners reimbursed by the company?
A great deal for the crews, however, it's the owners who pay for this. Is this emergency thing in the contract?

"otoole' - shouldn't it just be Tool? Or maybe Troll? What's your deal bro?

How about posting "No kidding-especially as the emergencies were flown on owner's aircraft. I wonder if the company turns down last minute owner emergencies - I would hope not. Were the owners reimbursed by the company or does the company pick up the tab for it's employees?
A great deal for the crews. I bet this emergency thing is in the owners contract."

Maybe I haven't been here this long but you sound like a bitter guy. Less coffee in the morning and maybe get outside and do a little excercise.

I truly hope you become a happier person!

Baja.

Wow, a thread under the Fractionals forum with absolutely no union spin one way or the other and O'toole just had to jump in with some! Sounds like someone just likes to stir the pot. Flamebait. The union says to just ignore this guy.

But back on topic, Shortly after I started with NJA, about 9 years ago, I was on the road when I got word that my father had been shot in a robbery attempt. Netjets said they'd send me home right away and to just head straight over to the airline terminal. Keep in mind, we had pax ON THE PLANE waiting to go when I was told to just go. It was a short trip from TEB to DCA so I flew it anyway and left immediately from DCA (found out my dad was shot in the leg and not life-threatening so I wanted to get home but it wasn't critical enough to screw our clients). And just recently I was in recurrent training at FlightSafety and had an emergency come up at home. NJA airlined me back on the first available flight, no questions asked, and scheduled my training to be finished later.

They like to play hardball with contract issues, but no one can fault them at all for how we're treated when serious personal issues arise.

Mach92 said:
Not only will they get you home but if its quicker you will fly your jet home asap. 3 years ago my mother was rushed to the ER, sister called. I called the company and within 5 mins they said take the X home. Sent the release and flight plan asap and we were gone. One thing NetJets has always done is get crew-members home in any kind of situation no questions asked. So if you are worried about this here DON'T be. This is one area NetJets does shine in.

ACA/ Independence was actually good about this. Once we had a flight attendant collapse in the gym on the road. The company called in pilots off reserve, grabbed a spare dork jet and flew his family up to be with him, afterwards when he passed away, they even flew the casket home for the family. It sure is nice to hear that NJA cares about its people too!

miles otoole said:
Man, that was QUICK! I am impressed-There must be a flightinfo union duty watch running 24/7 somewhere. Very cool.

No, actually we call it .....watch.

edited for language

Last edited by a moderator:
It sure is nice to hear about companies treating their employees well when something important comes up.

Here's one from the other side...

When I was at Cathay there was a Captain who was traveling HKG-LHR because his father had passed away quite suddenly. The Captain I was working with asked the Chief Purser (Lead F/A) to upgrade him to First Class so he could get some rest (he'd just finished a long haul flight.) The Chief Purser told him that the company had specifically forbade her from upgrading the non-rev Captain (even though FC was half empty.) The company said, "his contract says economy class and that's what he'll get."

Nice, eh?!

miles otoole said:
If you are assigned LAX as a domicile, the union will take care of you.

The truth hurts only if it should. If this "truth" makes me an Ahole, then so be it. If you were part of a real strong union, you would have made sure the new hires received the same QOL as the current employees. I hope you apologize to every new hire.

One of our pilot's kids was born with "Blue Baby" syndrome and at the age of 4 months needed surgery done at a hospital halfway across the country. It wasn't safe for the kid to fly on airlines because of all the germs floating around. NetJets sent a Citation V Ultra to pick up the pilot and his family and flew them to the hospital. NetJets does take care of their people.

AirBear

A friend of mine was on a trip when he was notified that there was a call from the CP and he was on hold.

Turns out he had a family member that was sick. He was in the islands and the company sent a jet just for him. They flew him home, had a limo waiting for him to take him to the hospital and told him call when he was ready to be back but take care of family first.

As for me. I have had a family member that is very sick. The company has been great letting me take the time off to take care of him. It's weird times but they don't ask any questions. They just tell me to take share of my family first.

They haven't lost the family touch in some regards.

Flew with that guy a few weeks ago. That is a amazing story. NJA came through.

Hey Tool. Get a fing life. You sound like some pissed off brat. Ya, so the one big hole in the new CBA is new hires don't have FFH. WE KNOW. More to it than you will ever know. Now go get some new materal. You sound like a broken record.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back