Q: For Ex-airline guys at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mach92 said:
Not only will they get you home but if its quicker you will fly your jet home asap. 3 years ago my mother was rushed to the ER, sister called. I called the company and within 5 mins they said take the X home.

Wow! Just wow... When I had a tooth problem (ouch) in the middle of the trip, my airline said, "OK, we'll get a reserve to cover the rest of your trip." When I asked about getting flights back to my domicile, they said, "oh, you're on your own to get yourself home; we can't positive-space you." From the middle of nowhere. Nice teamwork, eh?

I'm patiently waiting for my NJA application to arrive. :D It's looking better and better every day.

My favorite was when I was flying with a guy who's wife had to go into induced labor the next day. Baby was a bit late and lost some weight in the oven. At the completion of our day in TEB he walked out and said the company was sending us to AZO. He told me why and we rocketed off.

It's the only time I have voluntarily flown over 14 hours of duty and I was happy to do it to get the big man home to his wife and 3 other kids.

The company flew us directly to his home airport because his wife was going to have a baby. Awesome. Made me really wonder why the same consideration didn't transfer to so many other areas at NJA during negotiations. It could have been so different.

Oh well. I like my bat.

I have a question?. I live in Miami. How would I get to work?. Is it out of my own pocket or are their commuter agreements with other airlines?

Mach92 said:
Not only will they get you home but if its quicker you will fly your jet home asap. 3 years ago my mother was rushed to the ER, sister called. I called the company and within 5 mins they said take the X home. Sent the release and flight plan asap and we were gone. One thing NetJets has always done is get crew-members home in any kind of situation no questions asked. So if you are worried about this here DON'T be. This is one area NetJets does shine in.

Unbelievable - Speaks volumes as to the integrity of the company!!

Baja.

Troy208 said:
I have a question?. I live in Miami. How would I get to work?. Is it out of my own pocket or are their commuter agreements with other airlines?

How long of a drive is it to West Palm Beach, FL (PBI)? No jumpseats available.

Troy208 said:

Assuming you get PBI as your domicile, you'd be on your own to get up there for work. There are no commuter agreements or jumpseat agreements either.

You'll briefed for your first day of a tour on your last day off, usually in the late afternoon/early evening. At that point, you could determine when you need to leave home in order to be in position for your duty assignment.

Troy208 said:

If you are assigned LAX as a domicile, the union will take care of you.

Going2Baja said:
Unbelievable - Speaks volumes as to the integrity of the company!!

Baja.
No kidding-especially as the emergencies were flown on owner's aircraft. I wonder how many last minute owner emergencies the company regularly turns down. Were the owners reimbursed by the company?
A great deal for the crews, however, it's the owners who pay for this. Is this emergency thing in the contract?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back