Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jet_Driver

"There I was...."
So, tell me.... I hear there is a real mean, nasty, psycho Captain on the CRJ in ORD flying for Eagle. I've heard a lot about him. It sounds to me like he is imfamous, and not for good reasons. I won't mention his name, but his initials are H.P. Does this ring a bell with anyone? If so do you have any horror stories of flying with him? I am wondering if anyone on here has any first hand accounts with this guy. If so, share them with us please. It might be theraputic for F/Os who think they're the only one.

Having a bad month with this guy? :D

Negative, just a curious flier. I've only heard rumors on a few overnights from some Eagle crews. I would love to hear something from someone who has actually flown with this guy so as to shed light on the rumors I've heard. He sounds like one for the record books. Have you flown with him?

Jet_Driver said:
Have you flown with him?

Nah, I work for Pinnacle so I haven't had the joys of flying with this guy. Every airline has a couple of them though.

It's a bell curve, at any airline, just like any other segment of society. A small percentage are complete pyscho weirdos, the largest part is just regular guys who have good days and bad days, and a small percent are completely nice, great people to work with anytime.

We had a Captain at CHQ in the mid-90s who was somewhat odd. CRM was a complete mystery to him. He would often stand up in the cockpit (SF340) and peek out the peep-hole to watch the flight attendant and make sure that she was doing her job. He cancelled IFR, dropped under the TCA, and popped up VFR with Newark tower one-day when everyone else was holding.

...and I wasn't there, but I heard that the rampers in Roanoke (or was it Lynchberg) had him trapped in the airplane and threatened to beat the @#$% out of him if he stepped on the ramp.

Interesting fellow....

At US Airways there was a DC9 Captain whose name was written EVERYWHERE. On the back of chart clips, in the bathroom, on the dome-light, on the crew-bag-racks. "Jim ____ Sucks" it said.

He did.

Every company has one.

Oh...and here's something funny I just heard the other day. If you dont think your company has one... or you cant figure out who it is, you might have to look in the mirror. ;)

When I was at ExpressJet I heard of an ATR Capt. that would strip down all the way when he flew, with nothin on but his boots. He had a thing about, did it all the time and everyone knew it. Someone told me he also did it on an overnight once at a local bar, guy didn't like wearing clothes I guess. I believe he's at Cal now and probably stays buttoned up I'm sure. This business was more fun before 9/11. :D

JetMonkey said:
When I was at ExpressJet I heard of an ATR Capt. that would strip down all the way when he flew, with nothin on but his boots. He had a thing about, did it all the time and everyone knew it. Someone told me he also did it on an overnight once at a local bar, guy didn't like wearing clothes I guess. I believe he's at Cal now and probably stays buttoned up I'm sure. This business was more fun before 9/11. :D
I wouldn't call sitting next to a naked dude for 3 hours "fun", but hey, whatever yanks your crank! :eek:

The psycho captain to whom you are referring has quite a reputation. However his reputation stems from the 16 year contract that Eagle agreed to. He was the MEC chairman at the time and he was very much for that agreement. Most of the eagle guys cannot stand him for that. He is probabally an O.K. pilot (meaning he is probabally safe and wont kill anyone, and is not a problem case for the company), but most guys cannot stand him for his actions on the MEC.

Actually he's not an o.k. pilot. I've had buddies fly with him. He will start off questioning your pilot skills before you push back from the gate. It goes downhill from there.

Latest resources

Back