• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was hired in Feb and can hold CLT but live in TYS so Long Live TYS.
Good Luck Guys!

Go VOLS 2003 alum, Georgia sux, Florida.......ha! and Auburn (w/out Ronnie Brown, C. Williams or Campell) will be back at the bottom of the SEC west right beside MSU where they belong.

Cant wait for the season to start in Knoxville. 2001 alum here. I really miss that place. I would think knoxville would be a great place to be based!

learthirty5 said:
Cant wait for the season to start in Knoxville. 2001 alum here. I really miss that place. I would think knoxville would be a great place to be based!

Great place to be based...Commuted there for 7 years....Plan commute around Football.

Morons at the dive hotel across the street charge $100+ on Football fridays otherwise use to be 26 plus tax. I think they offered me the "Jacuzzi Suite" one night at the crew rate of 125.99. If you live there great, otherwise Bid accordingly.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Go Vols!,
Knoxville is a graet place to live, low cost of living compared to other cities. TYS is not a base for a long commute in my opinion as the last few bids don't apear to be commuteable, Just my opinion again.
PSA is a great company and I hope we can stay wholey owened by the NEW COMPANY USAIRWAYS. This is going to be a great college football season!

Guess Rick Clausen might rotate w/ Ainge like Fulmer did w/ Schaffer last season....Man, UAB wasn't they right way to start the season, but at least the "UNDEFEATED" Auburn Tigers just lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC! Git 'er dun!

V-O-L-S

A-B

Tennessee VOLS suck period. Memphis Tigers are the REAL team of the Volunteer state. They are da' shiznat! Nuff said.

P.S. D'Angelo Williams for Heisman fools.

Last edited:
firstly good luck with the interview.

As for bases, DAY is by far the most junior base and it is the place to be if you want to get off reserve sooner. That may change though with the upcoming merger. Right now it seems that everyone who wants to be in CLT has already moved there so newhires should be able to get it before too long. CLT certainly is looking like becoming a bigger base than DAY in the near future.

For commuting, CLT is definitely better than DAY for me, but it probably depends on where you are coming from. I always found DAY very tricky to get to with full flights and lots of other commuters going in there. It's been my experience that the lines in DAY are less commutable also with early show times and late finish times because it is an outstation, whereas CLT often you get done at 1pm and can go home that same day.

Ill Mitch said:
Thanks Skeezer and Nethan.

How would the commute be from CLT? I could probably stand to commute for a little while.

Right now most of us newbies are getting Dayton. I was #3 out of 10 in the August 22nd class and I'm about 15 numbers or so back from getting based in Charlotte. There was one person from our class who got Knoxville, he was #1 out of 10. If you live in Charlotte TYS would probably be the easier commute, there are about 6 flights a day from CLT to TYS and if the flights are full you can make the drive in about 4 hours. I think there are 4 flights a day from CLT-DAY. From the looks of things, you would probably hold a line much faster in Dayton.

I'm not sure how much longer it will take to get to Charlotte, but I was about 27 in line just a few weeks ago and it's now down to 15.

Latest resources

Back