Psa

Mtnjam

Total Time
6k+
Anyone know if PSA is still hiring? What's their deal? Are they based at DCA? Is it a solid base? Upgrade times, you know all the regular questions somebody has if they're going to switch company's. I'm just looking to switch to a place to I don't have to commute anymore.

mamba20

Do what now?
Total Time
As far as I know (and I dont know much) hiring is slow because of a lack of sim time. But that can always change. Great place to work. I love the hell out of the flying and most of the people. We have our issues like everyone else. I guess the toughest one right now is not having a clue whats going to be happening to us. I dont really pay attention anymore, too many rumors going around.

Our bases are CLT, DAY and TYS. RUMORS of everything coming down to CLT but I'll believe that when I see it. I think current upgrades are about 4 years.

We have an ok contract. Not great but better then others thats for sure. I think our maintenence does a pretty good job, especially considering we are in BK.

Personally, I would like to believe that things will work out here and I think they might but who knows. This place has the potential to be a great airline if we can get out of the current "mom and pop" mode.

avrodriver

Total Time
>1
Air Wisconsin is opening a base in DCA effective Nov 2005.

Yes we are hiring.

Upgrade times for a new hire.......no idea, no one will try and tell you 2-3 years like some of the other circuses out there. We are one of the smaller large players (bottom of a 800 or so pilot group verses 1500-2000) in the game though, and attrition is high.

No airplanes on order.

Good contract.

AD

PSAChiefPilots

Total Time
>1000
Psa!!!

Mtnjam said:
Anyone know if PSA is still hiring? What's their deal? Are they based at DCA? Is it a solid base? Upgrade times, you know all the regular questions somebody has if they're going to switch company's. I'm just looking to switch to a place to I don't have to commute anymore.

The fun things I get do do during lunch...Write on Flight Info!

Air whisky has the DC base, Not PSA!

We are still hiring here at PSA, Awaiting additional classes from Staffing meeting.
Right now anticipate that 1 class in Nov and 1 class for Dec.
This is as of 12pm on 9/1/2005
Both classes for Sept. are full as well as both classes for Oct. although we have had people cancel.

Upgrade is 3.5 to 4 years, just put a new upgrade out of 6 yesterday but this could change as it has in the past as the "Staffing Model" changes. Don't ask, I think it's like the "Big Picture" but I have seen neither!

Good Luck, Back to my Lunch
PSACPSP

Gofish

Total Time
Thanks for the update Chief.

I am due to start on October 2nd but I am hoping for a September short call.

See you in Dayton,

Gofish

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Total Time
31Raps
How long would it be to get CLT based?

skeezer

Yo
Total Time
Ill Mitch said:
How long would it be to get CLT based?
This is without checking too deep but you should be able to hold it almost immediatley.

Skeezer

nethan

Total Time
Enough
I don't know how easy it would be to get CLT. Most of my class put in for CLT and so far nobody has got it. That said, we actually haven't gotten any base assignments yet. Something to do with ALPA and J4J. What ever. The class in front of us all got DAY and it was looking like the same thing for us. That said, I don't know how long it would take to bid back to Charlotte.

skeezer

Yo
Total Time
Hmmm... did some checking and the most junior CLT FO has a mid-Feb DOH.

So it may be a few months before you can hold CLT.

Skeezer

Ill Mitch

I like my oatmeal lumpy
Total Time
31Raps
Thanks Skeezer and Nethan.

How would the commute be from CLT? I could probably stand to commute for a little while.

LandRoverNut

Total Time
<15000
I was hired in Feb and can hold CLT but live in TYS so Long Live TYS.
Good Luck Guys!

pilotkppsg

Frattastic
Total Time
Go VOLS 2003 alum, Georgia sux, Florida.......ha! and Auburn (w/out Ronnie Brown, C. Williams or Campell) will be back at the bottom of the SEC west right beside MSU where they belong.

learthirty5

Total Time
----
Cant wait for the season to start in Knoxville. 2001 alum here. I really miss that place. I would think knoxville would be a great place to be based!

PSAChiefPilots

Total Time
>1000
learthirty5 said:
Cant wait for the season to start in Knoxville. 2001 alum here. I really miss that place. I would think knoxville would be a great place to be based!
Great place to be based...Commuted there for 7 years....Plan commute around Football.

Morons at the dive hotel across the street charge $100+ on Football fridays otherwise use to be 26 plus tax. I think they offered me the "Jacuzzi Suite" one night at the crew rate of 125.99. If you live there great, otherwise Bid accordingly.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

LandRoverNut

Total Time
<15000
Go Vols!,
Knoxville is a graet place to live, low cost of living compared to other cities. TYS is not a base for a long commute in my opinion as the last few bids don't apear to be commuteable, Just my opinion again.
PSA is a great company and I hope we can stay wholey owened by the NEW COMPANY USAIRWAYS. This is going to be a great college football season!

pilotkppsg

Frattastic
Total Time
Guess Rick Clausen might rotate w/ Ainge like Fulmer did w/ Schaffer last season....Man, UAB wasn't they right way to start the season, but at least the "UNDEFEATED" Auburn Tigers just lost to one of the worst teams in the ACC! Git 'er dun!

V-O-L-S

A-B

SRJ

Total Time
-----
Tennessee VOLS suck period. Memphis Tigers are the REAL team of the Volunteer state. They are da' shiznat! Nuff said.

P.S. D'Angelo Williams for Heisman fools.

Last edited:

learthirty5

Total Time
----
Memphis...lol....they have given us some scares in the past. They still suck though.

Weasil

Total Time
firstly good luck with the interview.

As for bases, DAY is by far the most junior base and it is the place to be if you want to get off reserve sooner. That may change though with the upcoming merger. Right now it seems that everyone who wants to be in CLT has already moved there so newhires should be able to get it before too long. CLT certainly is looking like becoming a bigger base than DAY in the near future.

For commuting, CLT is definitely better than DAY for me, but it probably depends on where you are coming from. I always found DAY very tricky to get to with full flights and lots of other commuters going in there. It's been my experience that the lines in DAY are less commutable also with early show times and late finish times because it is an outstation, whereas CLT often you get done at 1pm and can go home that same day.

EDUC8-or

These Nachos Are Good
Total Time
>1
Ill Mitch said:
Thanks Skeezer and Nethan.

How would the commute be from CLT? I could probably stand to commute for a little while.
Right now most of us newbies are getting Dayton. I was #3 out of 10 in the August 22nd class and I'm about 15 numbers or so back from getting based in Charlotte. There was one person from our class who got Knoxville, he was #1 out of 10. If you live in Charlotte TYS would probably be the easier commute, there are about 6 flights a day from CLT to TYS and if the flights are full you can make the drive in about 4 hours. I think there are 4 flights a day from CLT-DAY. From the looks of things, you would probably hold a line much faster in Dayton.

I'm not sure how much longer it will take to get to Charlotte, but I was about 27 in line just a few weeks ago and it's now down to 15.