Psa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mtnjam

Anyone know if PSA is still hiring? What's their deal? Are they based at DCA? Is it a solid base? Upgrade times, you know all the regular questions somebody has if they're going to switch company's. I'm just looking to switch to a place to I don't have to commute anymore.

As far as I know (and I dont know much) hiring is slow because of a lack of sim time. But that can always change. Great place to work. I love the hell out of the flying and most of the people. We have our issues like everyone else. I guess the toughest one right now is not having a clue whats going to be happening to us. I dont really pay attention anymore, too many rumors going around.

Our bases are CLT, DAY and TYS. RUMORS of everything coming down to CLT but I'll believe that when I see it. I think current upgrades are about 4 years.

We have an ok contract. Not great but better then others thats for sure. I think our maintenence does a pretty good job, especially considering we are in BK.

Personally, I would like to believe that things will work out here and I think they might but who knows. This place has the potential to be a great airline if we can get out of the current "mom and pop" mode.

Air Wisconsin is opening a base in DCA effective Nov 2005.

Yes we are hiring.

Upgrade times for a new hire.......no idea, no one will try and tell you 2-3 years like some of the other circuses out there. We are one of the smaller large players (bottom of a 800 or so pilot group verses 1500-2000) in the game though, and attrition is high.

No airplanes on order.

Good contract.

AD

Psa!!!

Mtnjam said:
Anyone know if PSA is still hiring? What's their deal? Are they based at DCA? Is it a solid base? Upgrade times, you know all the regular questions somebody has if they're going to switch company's. I'm just looking to switch to a place to I don't have to commute anymore.

The fun things I get do do during lunch...Write on Flight Info!

Air whisky has the DC base, Not PSA!

We are still hiring here at PSA, Awaiting additional classes from Staffing meeting.
Right now anticipate that 1 class in Nov and 1 class for Dec.
This is as of 12pm on 9/1/2005
Both classes for Sept. are full as well as both classes for Oct. although we have had people cancel.

Upgrade is 3.5 to 4 years, just put a new upgrade out of 6 yesterday but this could change as it has in the past as the "Staffing Model" changes. Don't ask, I think it's like the "Big Picture" but I have seen neither!

Good Luck, Back to my Lunch
PSACPSP

Thanks for the update Chief.

I am due to start on October 2nd but I am hoping for a September short call.

See you in Dayton,

Gofish

Ill Mitch said:
How long would it be to get CLT based?

This is without checking too deep but you should be able to hold it almost immediatley.

Skeezer

I don't know how easy it would be to get CLT. Most of my class put in for CLT and so far nobody has got it. That said, we actually haven't gotten any base assignments yet. Something to do with ALPA and J4J. What ever. The class in front of us all got DAY and it was looking like the same thing for us. That said, I don't know how long it would take to bid back to Charlotte.

Hmmm... did some checking and the most junior CLT FO has a mid-Feb DOH.

So it may be a few months before you can hold CLT.

Skeezer

Thanks Skeezer and Nethan.

How would the commute be from CLT? I could probably stand to commute for a little while.

Latest resources

Back