Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
do you believe the balls on this SOB?

ifly4food said:
PSA pilots, sucks to hear about your furlough.

Guess undercutting Allegheny-Piedmont, Chautauqua, and even Mesa to get some more jets didn't work out after all?

When you play with fire you get burned.

Very little sympathy.

Hey I fly...you wanna know something? A$$HOLES like you are the type every one of the rest of us prays not to get paired up with for a month. Your bitter attitude makes life in this industry suck for every else. We all know it's a risk to work in this industry and the job security can be slim to nil at times. Your negative attitude belongs behind the ticket counter or in lower management...where I can tell you from previous experience you'd fit right in. Be part of the team and support your fellow pilots, because when push comes to shove we're all we have for support. I'll bet if your mother was in the hospital for a heart attack you'd be in there lecturing her about how it's her **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fault it happened. Show some class you pathetic, bitter SOB...what goes around comes around and I sincerely hope I never see you on here groveling that you got furloughed. Oh yeah and by the way...I'm low on the list at PSA, and haven't actually been furloughed yet. Just a rumor as of now so don't be so fast to kick us while we're down, capiche?

TexaSWA said:
What the fcuk did the pilots have to do with that decision douche bag? Guys like you will never make it in this industry. Have fun getting kicked in the bag for your entire career. You deserve it.

Well, I just don't know how to respond to such an intelligent, well thought out post...
...guess everything is bigger in Texas except the education budget. Ask our president.

As for my place in the industry, I'm doing just fine, thanks.

It is a fact that the PSA MEC and pilots approved contract concessions to undercut the previously named airlines in hopes of winning the RJs. They succeeded, but it appears their gains were short lived.

38tango said:
Hey I fly...you wanna know something? A$$HOLES like you are the type every one of the rest of us prays not to get paired up with for a month. Your bitter attitude makes life in this industry suck for every else. We all know it's a risk to work in this industry and the job security can be slim to nil at times. Your negative attitude belongs behind the ticket counter or in lower management...where I can tell you from previous experience you'd fit right in. Be part of the team and support your fellow pilots, because when push comes to shove we're all we have for support. I'll bet if your mother was in the hospital for a heart attack you'd be in there lecturing her about how it's her **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** fault it happened. Show some class you pathetic, bitter SOB...what goes around comes around and I sincerely hope I never see you on here groveling that you got furloughed. Oh yeah and by the way...I'm low on the list at PSA, and haven't actually been furloughed yet. Just a rumor as of now so don't be so fast to kick us while we're down, capiche?[/ QUOTE]

Another intelligent response! You are some classy guys over there at PSA!

Your pilot group sold out every pilot in ALPA by initiating a race to the bottom. Do not lecture me on ethics, morality, or pilot loyalty. Judging from your post, you have none. Apparently it's all about you.

I find it ironic that you face a furlough, yet wish one on me. I would never wish that on anyone. Good luck, you're going to need it.

flyboy said:
PSA told me yesterday that they began another class this past Monday. Who knows what to believe right now.
Yes classes will continue for some time... not new hires though. Dornier pilots transitioning to the CRJ fleet.

Hey ifly4food,

The pilots at PSA had no control over voting for the whole J4J contract. Their MEC decided to vote on this without their blessing which they always do. The pilots at PSA as usual had no control over this. You might want to start researching information before making an ass out of yourself.

Things silent on interview prospects

Well...
Have not gotten any letter or call to cancel the interview on the 29th or 30th.

Has anyone recieved their package for interviews on those days?

I called recruiting, but they said Ken Sellers is out of the office till the 27th, and the secretary does not know.

PSA Furloughs

PSA Furloughs
Just confirming PSA furloughs. My letter came via fedex yesterday. No indication of future hopes and aspirations. I had just finished indoc and was "off" until Nov. 6 which sounded very fishy to begin with. I am a little ticked though that the CPs came into our indoc class and told everyone that "with the aircraft on property right now, we need every one of you". That was a bit of a stretch.

I think I'll be looking for another job... anyone got the number to that truck driving school?

To those waiting on interviews, I would say it's safe to make other plans at this time. Sorry.

ifly4food said:
Well, I just don't know how to respond to such an intelligent, well thought out post...
...guess everything is bigger in Texas except the education budget. Ask our president.

As for my place in the industry, I'm doing just fine, thanks.

It is a fact that the PSA MEC and pilots approved contract concessions to undercut the previously named airlines in hopes of winning the RJs. They succeeded, but it appears their gains were short lived.
Just curious which undercutting, back stabbing, mainline killing outfit you fly that Replacement jet for? Who's paint job is it again? How many pilots do they have on furlough?

Not too good when its directed at you is it?

38tango said:
Your negative attitude belongs behind the ticket counter or in lower management...where I can tell you from previous experience you'd fit right in.
While I do not agree with the post you are referring to as well, I do have to say that I do not agree with your slam on the foundations of an airline. I was a gate/ticket counter agent before becoming a pilot and I can tell you it is one of the most thankless jobs out there. Horrible pay, working conditions and people like you putting them down. Your post is just as bad as the original one....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back