• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA screwing all regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well they are going for industry average not above and not below, so this is why I voted no. PS you can thank ALPA National because they signed off on the LOA.

Well they are going for industry average not above and not below, so this is why I voted no. PS you can thank ALPA National because they signed off on the LOA.

The LOA is reviewed by legal to ensure it correct. It is not reviewed to see how it affect everyone else.

Most of you all are nuts. I assume you're either current or former MESA pilots thus reducing your credibility. Of course, you should be very experienced in pointing out the whore$ of the industry. Remember the old saying when you're pointing at someone, you have 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

A few important thoughts:

1) PSA has been in negotiations (off and on) for greater than 70 seat rates for over 3 years. MESA filed for bankruptcy on Jan 5th of this year.

2) Correct: The current PSA MEC chairman is a former chief pilot, however, before that he was on the MEC as well and has always been a strong advocate for the pilot group.

3) These rates are a blend of lesser seat CRJ's currently on the property similar to what PSA has now. Have you seen PSA's straight 70 seat rates?

4) If MESA were to loose their junk 900's, I'm sure they would go to any of a number of other carriers. Does that make them whore$ too?

PSA will undercut everyone for their own cause.

see 2003 rates to get the jets, see PDT, ALG, backstabbing at its best.

History is repeating itself.

This is a dirty little secret that you just get a whiff of once in a while but which never actually comes out into the daylight.

There is a reason that PSA got/is getting all the shiny jets while PDT and ALG were left to, and are, are withering on the vine. Rather than joining in a united stand, making a midnight backroom deal and using your WO brethren as flotation seat cushions.

Last edited:
Any ALG/PDT guys who were around during the first iteration of J4J want to comment?

Or for that matter, any PSA guys?

Axel have you ever seen the PDT MECS letter to US AIRWAYS stating they were reading to negotiate without PSA for the jets, becuase I have. HAHAHA jokes on you now. Thats why PSA went forward without PDT.

US Airways just made 279 million last quarter. Time to get something in return!

Axel have you ever seen the PDT MECS letter to US AIRWAYS stating they were reading to negotiate without PSA for the jets, becuase I have. HAHAHA jokes on you now. Thats why PSA went forward without PDT.

Wrong! That was a rumor started by the sorry butt union leadership of PSA back then.

I blame ALPA national for all that. They should have always had a open line of commincation between ALG, PSA and PDT. Its called a UNION isn't it! But no, ALPA sat back and let management play us all like fools.

This is anything but a joke. And are you saying that in order not to get screwed over by their WO brethren PSA rushed to screw them over first? No, not even a little bit funny.

I would like to see that letter. Can you scan/copy/paste here so all of us can read it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back