• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA screwing all regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From what i have heard the most consistant story is that PSA management was told from mainline that the Dork Props were going to be sold. PSA had a choice. Either take the CRJ or close your doors, and Piedmont will get the jets.
So take this with a grain of salt. PSA pilots were faced with the decision of looking for a new job or taking the CRJ's.
There were secret meetings between PSA MEC and Management. Whereas Piedmont was supposed to be included in all talks.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is the truth. It's just what i have heard in the past 7 years that is the most consistant. PSA Management does have a history of scaring pilots into signing a contract. Don't know if it's legal but thats the game they play.

And that brings us to the new 900 pay rate....

And dont forget LUNCHBOX's secret source that claimed the Jets were going to PDT and it was a done deal. The MEC was so scared after his whaling doomsday disclosure that they ate the blended rates for the 700's in a midnight session with TK giving the infamous "it may already be too late" speech. Lunchbox and TK drove the whole screw job. Interesting Lunchbox is now on SWAPA merger/acquisition team. The biggest loose mouth loser to grace the PSA ALPA ranks now is a guiding force at SWAPA. Scary. He was never held accountable. And thats how the 700's and the blended rates ended up at PSA. (the express version)

Last edited:
And dont forget LUNCHBOX's secret source that claimed the Jets were going to PDT and it was a done deal. The MEC was so scared after his whaling doomsday disclosure that they ate the blended rates for the 700's in a midnight session with TK giving the infamous "it may already be too late" speech. Lunchbox and TK drove the whole screw job. Interesting Lunchbox is now on SWAPA merger/acquisition team. The biggest loose mouth loser to grace the PSA ALPA ranks now is a guiding force at SWAPA. Scary. He was never held accountable. And thats how the 700's and the blended rates ended up at PSA. (the express version)

PSA should join USAPA because they are no different than the USAPA east pilots

PSA should join USAPA because they are no different than the USAPA east pilots

More than half the pilot group were not even on property when it all went down. Don't lump all of us in the same boat. Then I think there was really only 10% that even knew what was going on.

More than half the pilot group were not even on property when it all went down. Don't lump all of us in the same boat. Then I think there was really only 10% that even knew what was going on.

Educate them my friend. It is not right undercutting another ALPA airline or screwing up future negotiations with this loa

Educate them my friend. It is not right undercutting another ALPA airline or screwing up future negotiations with this loa

Maybe the mainline pilots should take the lead and negotiate "brand scope"....If not, I will do what is best for me without regard to how it affects you...Is that really that hard for you to understand?

Maybe the mainline pilots should take the lead and negotiate "brand scope"....If not, I will do what is best for me without regard to how it affects you...Is that really that hard for you to understand?

If things turn and Mesa buys PSA then what? ALPA merger policy?

I hope staple, since you are talking trash

Then I think there was really only 10% that even knew what was going on.

Amen, maybe only 10% do know what is going on, the other 90% think that they got the jets because they were better then PDT. Put your sunglasses on right, yea the front side of your head and no you dont have to where them after 9pm, and spend a little less time on you frosted tip hair due, and you will find out that you screwed over the ALG, PDT.

Amen, maybe only 10% do know what is going on, the other 90% think that they got the jets because they were better then PDT. Put your sunglasses on right, yea the front side of your head and no you dont have to where them after 9pm, and spend a little less time on you frosted tip hair due, and you will find out that you screwed over the ALG, PDT.

I, did not. Most PSA pilots were not even on property when the jet deal was happening. When i say most we have just under 500 pilots, 300 of those were not around back then. So maybe 1/2 of the 200 pilots at PSA back then had any idea about the back door dealings. It's those same people that decided to give themselves a $5/hr raise and the f/o's $.50.
I am sorry for what happened in 2001-2003. 2/3rds of the pilots at PSA cannot be responsible for what happened prior to our employment. Delta/air tran is hiring. I suggest you go there.

From what i have heard the most consistant story is that PSA management was told from mainline that the Dork Props were going to be sold. PSA had a choice. Either take the CRJ or close your doors, and Piedmont will get the jets.
So take this with a grain of salt. PSA pilots were faced with the decision of looking for a new job or taking the CRJ's.
There were secret meetings between PSA MEC and Management. Whereas Piedmont was supposed to be included in all talks.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if this is the truth. It's just what i have heard in the past 7 years that is the most consistant. PSA Management does have a history of scaring pilots into signing a contract. Don't know if it's legal but thats the game they play.

And that brings us to the new 900 pay rate....
Mostly true.

Don't forget Chris Beebe's display of "unity" by withholding knowledge from both PDT, ALG, and PSA that the jets were going to PSA from the beginning. Had he disseminated that information to the respective MECs, PDTs 2002 concessionary agreement would never have been voted in, and most likely PSA would be flying those RJ's for better money. The court documents are online somewhere.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back