PSA PHL Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Where in the world did you hear that?

EDIT - that would make all the sense in the world to shrink DCA, especially given reserves in ORF are only flying once every 4-6 weeks...:rolleyes:

I got friends in high places! ;) The lines will be 3 day, uncommutable on both ends (as if there is any other way) trips.

CLT is much more lax than PHL and a lot more on top of it. Coming into PHL the other day when I was on a 2 mile final for 35 I was told to start doing S turns across the final approach course because the controller misjudged the spacing between us and an Airbus landing on 27R. It was close but we pulled it off. I would to have loved to have seen the passengers faces on that one.

By the way, how do you AWAC guys like your new crew room? Couches are nice but still no tv

CLT is much more lax than PHL and a lot more on top of it. Coming into PHL the other day when I was on a 2 mile final for 35 I was told to start doing S turns across the final approach course because the controller misjudged the spacing between us and an Airbus landing on 27R. It was close but we pulled it off. I would to have loved to have seen the passengers faces on that one.

Regular occurrence for us....except it usually begins with the approach controller telling us to keep best forward speed as long as possible....then when we switch to tower they want us to get as slow as possible and start the S turns

"Wisconsin xxxx I need your best forward speed to the airport, contact tower"

"Wisconsin xxxx, slow to approach speed, S-turns are approved, traffic lands 27R"

:angryfire

As far as the crew room goes...its nice and clean without the french fry aroma anymore. I hope it stays that way (ie PICK UP YOUR SH!T WHEN YOU LEAVE)

By the way, how do you AWAC guys like your new crew room? Couches are nice but still no tv

Hey Its our crewroom. Yall are still welcomed to it, we don't own it. When it comes to the TV we have one in the hangar crew room or what I like to call "The Cottage". We can never watch it though cause there are always Stand UP refugees sleeping in there.

I heard in RGS from the instructor that RDU and MKE were on the board for future domiciles. He said that came right from the top. He also mentioned that was before the arbitration decision.

please, its nothing new. It has been going on way before Air Wiss came to PHL.

Just ignore what the controller says and pick the traffic up visually yourself. If the traffic is moving from right to left across your windscreen then your fine. If he's moving from left to right then slow down. If he's staying in the same place then either slow or speed up depending on if you have to land before or after the 27R traffic unless you desire to go around or swap paint jobs.

RDU will open in the next few month, 44 crews, and a DCA will be the big loser with the lines there dropping to around 45.

If this is true we'll definitely have to know something in the next two months. The new-hires starting class in a few weeks & the rumored upcoming upgrades would be ATW's only insurance policy for making sure they fill the minimum required RSV positions in a new base if they can't get current staff to do it without displacing ( something I'm sure they'd love to keep to a minimum).

Wow, you have no idea what you are admitting to here. Your statement speaks testaments to your "experience" or lack thereof. Your clearly havent been to ORD, MIA, FLL, BOS or LGA recently or you havent been there with any regularity. It was CLOSE to what? Were you close to crashing? Were you close to exceeding structural limits? Were you close to operating outside of the normal configuration and parameters as set forth by the POH and your GOM?

Think, speak, defend. Until then, get the atis, get the clearance, read it back in 8 seconds or less, and get the W+B numbers. Then get the checklists complete and prepare to pull gear, you radio operator.

The problem with PHL is the airport layout not the controlers. They do a very good job with what they got. In the last 12 months I have only needed to do 1 go around due to spacing.

Latest resources

Back