• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA PHL Base?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worst controllers? Are you on crack? When was the last time they smacked a couple airplanes together? I'd like to hear you say that to one of them in person...

My only complaint with CLT is that they slow us down (dash drivers) to shuffle in jets when in reality we can go just as fast or faster from the final approach fix inbound. We literally have to slow to 150kts 15-20 miles out sometimes. We had a controller tell us straight up a couple of days ago that he didn't want to "mingle" the turboprops with the jets. Even below 10,000 the dashes are only 10kts slower (240 kts) than everyone else.

My only complaint with CLT is that they slow us down (dash drivers) to shuffle in jets when in reality we can go just as fast or faster from the final approach fix inbound. We literally have to slow to 150kts 15-20 miles out sometimes. We had a controller tell us straight up a couple of days ago that he didn't want to "mingle" the turboprops with the jets. Even below 10,000 the dashes are only 10kts slower (240 kts) than everyone else.

The 150kts 20 out is a problem we are all having...in the CRJ 200 that usually means everything hanging out if you're heavy. I guess if mesa'd quit screwing around on the runway for 10 minutes or using all of 36L to rollout after landing halfway down the runway it wouldn't be SOO bad (yes, Mesa...I was flaming you!!!!)

Maybe the RDU rumor is true for AWAC and the crews will be downsized out of PHL???

RDU will open in the next few month, 44 crews, and a DCA will be the big loser with the lines there dropping to around 45.

RDU will open in the next few month, 44 crews, and a DCA will be the big loser with the lines there dropping to around 45.

Where in the world did you hear that?

EDIT - that would make all the sense in the world to shrink DCA, especially given reserves in ORF are only flying once every 4-6 weeks...:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back