PSA or Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
60 whole numbers a year!

Woah, I got to surf these forums more often. What is this about potential growth at LAX and SFO? Did these bases grow yet by the 10 or so pilots someone mentioned, or is that still on the horizon?

What are the "bad" work rules at PSA?
What is the "no rules" for reserve at PSA all about?
How are PSA pilots being abused and/or being ashamed of their company?
How soon are PSA pilots holding a line out of training?

And for SKYW, how soon are new-hire CRJ pilots holding a line out of training, knowing that there'll be a year of downgrading status due to the EMB guys switching?

10 hours of airport reserve with no pay, they can put you on continued reserve after returning a from a trip instead of releasing you after not having an assignment like they used to do, continued hot reserve. Don't know reserve periods for the month. The only good thing is you can only have three overnight in a row, sucks for commuters, but they can waive this and go to a fourth overnight. 10 days of minimum, and guarantee is only 72 hours.

8 Months from hire date to flying a hardline.

reserve at PSA is the worst in the industry.

You have been warned.

Im glad to know that I have survived the worse! Its only up hill from here. Yay! It wasn't that bad but its all I know.

Yeah trust me. When the majors start hiring there will be movement. The top 100 at PSA are here to stay. This is pretty much the same for all regionals. Pick a company close to home to work for. And if its PSA then I'm sorry. Our contract has been amenable for over 2.5 years. With no end on sight. The contract was from the concessionary year of 2002. So you can imagine how bad that is. 10 year old contract. Hurts thinking about it.

Latest resources

Back