Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Maria

That's Miz Beetch to you
Sorry, didn't get hired by Gojet so I can't include them in this discussion. And Delta hasn't called either, so no considerations of them.

The company sold the jet, so I'm on the street until I can get working somewhere. With most considerations being equal, after all, they're both regionals, for someone with parents on the west coast (ie can live at home), which airline offers better:
Commuting from LAX
International Travel agreements
Pay (2 year and longer)
Reserve Schedule for bottom totem pole clingers
Retirement
Benefits
Protection from random management firings (you were sick 4x in a year, despite your doctor's notes, you're fired!)

With the ASA/XJT meltdown and XJT screaming for all airline list integration, how likely is a Skywest FNG to suddenly find themselves another 1000+ down the seniority list?

With USAirways dumping "regional partners" like Mesa and playing the general lowest bidder game, how likely is PSA to be around for another 4-6 years, long enough for a FNG to get a shot at upgrade?

Class for PSA got postponed another few weeks (sims are full), how likely are they to start a class before the winter holidays, or just roll it to next year, or, with the continued downwards spiral of the economy, cancel it completely?

What about Skywest? With a class starting next year, how likely are they to cancel between now and then, if the economy continues to tank?

Or are both hiring in anticipation of next summer?

Finally, with a proposed start date one day apart, should a FNG at Skywest go for the turboprop or the jet? Is second year pay higher on the jet?

Skywest.

I worked for PSA for 4.5 years. Good group of pilots, but the schedules suck. The commute will really sucks.

The leases on the 200s will end begging in 2014, and I don't think there will be a PSA after they're gone.

Go to SkyWest on the Jet. LAX is going to grow as a base. They have less "other bases flying through there" , and are about to add 5-10 pilots at LAX and SFO.. Classes will go on. The USair stuff starts Dec and we are very short staffed for the fall for some reason..

West coast bases - skywest

Better F/O pay - skywest

All around better work rules - skywest

Growth (new Usair flying in phx) - skywest

Anymore questions?

Go with SkyWest.....

There is no question here

Go to SkyWest. I work at PSA and feel ashamed of it everyday. People don't need to live and be treated like this.

I've flown for both companies. All things considered, SkyWest is the better choice. Best of luck to you.

Skywest BABY!!!!!!

Both are regionals with crapppp pay. Just know that going in. That said, Skywest is a better deal with more bases, better equipment (if you don't get the EM2 off the bat) and better country-wide route variety. I'd still rather fly the Brazilia for Skywest than the CRJ for PSA - at least I could bid the CRJ/CR7/CR9 at Skywest later.

Still, the pay sux at both...

Skywest?

Are you sure you want to commute all the way to Australia?

Latest resources

Back