• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA or Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comon over to SKYW, you will absolutely love reserve, and the 6 year upgrade to be back on reserve will be lovely! The regionals all suck, some more than the rest. Not having a CBA means they can fire you at will, but probably won't.

Comon over to SKYW, you will absolutely love reserve, and the 6 year upgrade to be back on reserve will be lovely! The regionals all suck, some more than the rest. Not having a CBA means they can fire you at will, but probably won't.

I would love it if it were a 6 year upgrade. I am close to 4 years and am still smack in the middle of FO reserve. I am thinking upgrade is closer to 8 or 9 years for me. I am on reserve home based and I have learned to manage it and it isn't that big of a deal.

the only thing good about PSA, is they are about to implement a pref hiring flow for US AIRWAYS again, thats if you really wanted to go there. But this will create alot of movement with quick upgrades.

Do you hear yourself?

Paddle,
You are saying go from the worst express company to the by far the worst mainline carrier in the world. Honistly now, would you wish that on your enemy?

I didn't say that, I said it would create fast upgrades because there will be alot of people leaving PSA to go to US AIRWAYS.

I would love it if it were a 6 year upgrade. I am close to 4 years and am still smack in the middle of FO reserve. I am thinking upgrade is closer to 8 or 9 years for me. I am on reserve home based and I have learned to manage it and it isn't that big of a deal.

Are you middle of FO reserve at SKY or PSA?

Are you middle of FO reserve at SKY or PSA?

Not sure what dodgerk is talking about... CA upgrades at SkyWest (on the EMB) are running just over four years right now, which really isn't that bad considering how bad the past three years have been in aviation.

If you are flexible with which base you want, you will probably get off reserve pretty quickly. I was hired earlier this year and was on reserve for six weeks. I'm now a guaranteed line holder. But if you want to live in a very senior base, as most of the West coast bases are (e.g. LAX, SFO, PDX, etc.), then yes you will obviously spend more time on reserve. But even then, being on reserve in base isn't that bad... At least for some of us that have spent time elsewhere at places with ZERO work rules.

First year pay is the same for the Brasilia or Jet. After that, a pretty significant difference in pay kicks in. Seat lock is one year, so you can bid over to the jet if you're on the Brasilia after your first year.

This isn't my first rodeo, so I was pleasantly surprised at how well I've been treated so far. It is a regional though, and you will work pretty hard at times. This will likely include working some holidays and/or days that you want off. But it's not a bad place to be right now...

Latest resources

Back