• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA or Skywest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Go to SKW. You have 1700 ASA pilots and even more than that at Express Jet below you when it comes time to furlough.

SkyWest all the way.
Regional life sucks anywhere you go, but it really sucks when you have to pay ALPA to bend you over the coals.

How are the brasilia lines on the west coast?

What would you like to know about them? I usually fly 4 four day trips/mo, for about 85 hrs of credit. You can get higher paying trips, but I like easy PMs.

Overnights are usually pretty good, particularly SBP, SBA, and MRY. But really, none of them are bad... Some people don't like IYK, but I have fun if the crew is cool.

There is a possibility of flying up to 8 legs/day on some trips, which makes for a long day. But I've only had to do that once, and it was a very high paying trip. Most trips average 2-6 legs/day, and the duty periods are usually 8-12 hours. This is all for KFAT... The other bases are probably different.

Skywest, if you want to spend your time in the Cali.

If you can get on the Bro, you will pretty much be guaranteed an easy commute in cali and an LAX domicile before too long. Worst case is drive to FAT. Downside is lower pay after the first year.

If end up on the CRJ (you might not have a choice with previous turbine time) you will probably start in IAH or ORD, maybe COS. As long as there is movement you will be able to come west pretty quickly, but if the music stops you could get stuck out east...still no worse than PSA though.

I'd probably go for the Bro if they let you. 99.9% guaranteed California, then after one year re-evaluate and jump to the jet if that makes sense.

SkyWest all the way.
Regional life sucks anywhere you go, but it really sucks when you have to pay ALPA to bend you over the coals.

Technically, alpa just holds you legs while management bends you over. You just have to tip them for the service.

Technically, the 900s are based in SLC, but as the planes and pilots flow through the system, there is a chance to fly them if you like. Skywest doesn't defferentiate between RJ models. There is a base pay for the 200 with different overrides for the 700 and the 900.

Latest resources

Back