• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Psa J4J

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, but they want to change it to meet their needs. If they just follow the agreement, I dont think we would be too upset.

The agreement is what it is... Don't change it now to save your butts due to the MDA pilot's lawsuit. What is being asked for now is not the agreement.

For the guy asking what the J4J at PSA means for newhires.............apparently it means more time in the pool, for those of us who had a class this month. Just got a call cancelling my Jan 30th class.

life jackets

More time in the pool! I think I need a life jacket! Got the same news 20 min ago. Nothing like short notice.

A350 said:
Again.......I weep for the profession.

No way my kids will be allowed to participate in this industry, especially when the guardians of the profession when they get to be newbies in the business will be these whiny, that belongs to me not you, I can't wait my turn, that isn't what I expected when I signed that deal, your a scab, I am entitled to that, stand tall so we can slip in under the radar and take your job, people who have no idea the sacrifices that have been made by some for company and profession.

You think you have it tough? Open your eyes and look around.

End of rant.

A350
Okay....correct me if I'm wrong...but does the j4j program stipulate that the only way more will be brought in at this point (SINCE THE APL WAS EXHAUSTED, EVERYBODY ON IT HAD MORE THAN 1 CHANCE TO COME TO PSA), is if mailine furloughs again, or if PSA gets new jets. The original order was for 85 with certain options for more(we have what, 49 at the end of the day and an appropriate # of J4J caps).

Now....weren't the pilots @ MDA just involved in a law suit against everyone(who's whining now) stating that they WERE A SEPARATE COMPANY from mainline?

So which is it guys? It seems to me that we're dealing with a pilot group that can't look at themselves in the mirror and say "I made my choice, sure sucks to be a grown up sometimes". You had the chance to go to PSA, you took another path......you turned down a job @ Republic that was offered to you under J4J protocol(as I understand it)........you were just stomping and stammering around screaming that you weren't a mainline pilot whilst working for MDA.

You made several choices at this point....YOU MADE THE WRONG CHOICES. Live with it. Is this how you raise your children? "Don't worry, Timmy. If you hold your breath and stomp your feet long enough you may get your way every time". I don't ever want to meet your ugly little kids anyway, so I'll move away from that one.

Understand this.......my carreer is not your golden parachute. Some of your friends came to PSA. You may have had the conversation back then about why MDA was a better choice for you(or for anybody). Turns out you were wrong.

I'd love to put myself in a position one day where I could not make a bad choice.

I don't want anything othere than what I've earned. And I've earned the right to have my bosses respect the contract. So F........U.

Rant over.

I agree with several points you have made including they have turned down jobs under the J4J protocol at Republic, however the MDA pilot's lawsuit contends they are indeed mainline pilots. To support their position they have pointed out among other things that MDA did not have it's own certificate.

SVCTA,

just to get a few facts straight. Look up the definition of an Affected Pilot. And how one goes about getting onto the APL list.

• An “Affected Pilot” is a pilot on the US Airways Pilots System
Seniority List who (a) has been furloughed or has been issued notice of
furlough under Section 23(B) of the Agreement, (b) has been recalled
to US Airways and subsequently has again been furloughed or issued
notice of furlough, or (c) has received notice of furlough from MDA, a
Participating Wholly Owned Carrier, or a Participating Affiliate
Carrier

And a quick correction, is that the lawsuit they filed wasn't saying they were never part of mainline, quite the opposite. The arbitration they went through, was the company saying they were a seperate division, and their arguement was that they weren't. The airplanes going to republic was a change of control, not a simple sale of assets.

Anyways, alot of the arguments and assumptions that many have come up, just basically prove that the majority of you haven't read the LOA's governing this. If one did, some of the statements made wouldn't have been made.

You can all go f your self as far as i am concerned you had a chance to come to PSA and passed it up to fly a bigger RJ yeah thats right the EMB-170 is a regional jet also.... oh but wait you still used US Air as a call sign so it must be a mainline plane then...no it still said express on the side of it. you where all offered jobs at Republic or wherever all your jets went and you said NO took your ball and went home. To Damn Bad you cant have your cake and eat it too. If you want come and sit in the right seat just like the rest of us had to and work your way up to a Capt position. I have a good idea why not sue ALPA again and everyone else that worked so well last time.

Is Mesa taking them over there as well? I was under the impression that this latest group was only being forced on PSA. In that case, why doesn't AWAC take them. They are having a heck of a time staffing their flights. You know, you pay to play, you might as well get all the benefits.

I too wonder about AWAC they are now operating jets that were originally awarded to Mesa under the j4j protocol (I am aware not all of the Mesa aircraft flown for U were awarded under j4j). How do they now operate those same aircraft without j4j?

Latest resources

Back