Psa J4J

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
11/29/2005

Anyway, I'm pulling chocks on this one. I'll let Fr8mstr take up the "fight" since it doesn't really belong to me anymore.

Last edited:
Screwed

cargojunkie said:
so psa is hiring right now. what is up with that? where would the new hires fit in?

They fit in with the rest of us FO's never going to upgrade / looking for better places to be.

Wonder if that guy who commutes from TUL and tells folks he's furloughed from TWA still works there. Can't remember his name. Wears his dad's US Airways hat brass instead of his own "Express" hardware.

PSA Junior High

LearLove said:
11/29/2005

Anyway, I'm pulling chocks on this one. I'll let Fr8mstr take up the "fight" since it doesn't really belong to me anymore.

In all seriousness, where are you flying now? Did FR8 make the jump to CHQ?

i love psa, its like standing in a line that never gets any shorter. hey am i moving up in seniority yet? nope, they just got a new coffee maker on one of the airplanes so they had to go through the furlough list again.

Is PSA Management even worried about the potential of a Mass F/O exitous?
Is this why there are classes Jan and Feb?

As a new streaker I don't know a whole lot about J4J. I came from Eagle where Flowbees got 100% of the left seats and displaced junior native jet captains back to the SAAB left seat. I guess it could be allot worse. I don't wan't to see PSA turn into Eagle with upgrade stagnation.

Seems to me there ought to be a way we can reach some common ground where both sides have some ownership in the decision. Like maybe a 50/50 deal with an order and a mainline number for the PSA folks. That would probably cut down on allot of the attrition and training costs.

Take it or throw it away...that's just my .02

You guys need to get over it. Backfilling is part of the agreement. Management was (shockingly) not living up to the agreement, but now they will. I don't think they've backfilled at the other J4J carriers as well, though they certainly should.

PSA wouldn't have those airframes were it not for J4J. The selective vision continues to amaze me.

Latest resources

Back